chapter one.

Perrie looked up at him, her bight blues analyzing his features. His high cheek bones, nice jaw bones. His long lashes that casted small shadows onto his cheeks. Zayn's full, perfectly shaped lips that were slightly parted. Pearl white teeth gleaming at the sunlight casted through the sheer curtains. He was simply handsome. Breathtakingly handsome.

"Staring at someone whilst they rest seems stalkish." Zayn spoke up, a small chuckle rumbling from his lips.

"It's hard not to stare." She simply stated as she casted her eyes away from his face. Perrie couldn't believe she had just said that aloud. Now the girl just felt stupid.

Zayn tugged her closer and just rested his head onto her chest, whilst his free hand was placed on her stomach. His fingertips tracing patterns on her skin. "I understand perfectly." he whispered softly.

And that's how they stayed for a long while.

***

~Zayn's P.O.V;

Evenings were his absolute favorite time of day. Possibly that was his nocturnal side shining through, or maybe he was facinated with the stars. There was thousands reasons out there that could do for explaining his love for the cool, brisk nights, but he, himself has never really thought of why.

Following the pavement, the raven simply slipped his hands inside the pockets of his peacoat. His hair on this night was simply pushed back, and off to the side. He couldn't be bothered with doing anything else, in fact, he could barely be bothered to even meet up with Louis tonight. But, here he was; making his way down to the MaryleBone.

Zayn fished around in his pockets for a minute or so, and then retrieved his cigarettes and lighter. Looking through the window outside of the pub, he spotted a mop of lazily styled locks. He tapped lightly on the window, eyes narrowing.

The male turned around with that goddamn sly smirk tugging on his lips. And it took every ounce of strength and will power not to go in there and slam his face through the marble counter top.

"Smug bastard." Zayn said breathlessly, placing the end of his cigarette between his lips as he watched Harry attempt to gain Louis' attention. Spinning around on his heel, Zayn pressed his back against the stone wall, lighting the end.

The door chimed, signaling someone enetering, well in this case... exiting. Harry now standing beside him, his left arm extended out, palm pressed against a stone near Zayn's head. "How ya been, ole buddy?"

"So good that I am willing to break your arm off from the joint." Zayn spoke casually, pulling the cigarette from his mouth, glancing to Harry. "Is Louis coming or is he flirting again?"

"Not even gonna ask about how I'm doing? That's not very nice." Harry replied, giving a offended look.

"That only happens if I gave any fucks about it." Zayn parted his lips, blowing out the smoke. Directly into Harry's face. "Now fuck off and go fetch Louis."

Harry wafted the smoke out of his face, an unpleasant look settling into his man-child features. "Being a dick to me doesn't change the past." his voice low, having this menancing undertone. He lowered his hand away from the wall as Zayn pushed himself off the wall, stepping towards Harry.

Louis finally stepped out of the pub, the chime of the bell above him. He looked between the two, with his classic constantaly done with life expression. He lightly pushed Harry out of the way, and walked over to Zayn. "Hello, stranger." Louis greeted, a small smile peeking through.

Zayn looked to Louis, a slow grin curving on his lips. "Hello, stranger." he dipped forward in a bow, pretending to tip his hat.

Once Zayn was up standing straight up, Louis tugged him into a quick hug. "What trouble have you gotten into since We last incountered each other?" Louis asked as he stood back a few steps from Zayn, now. "1974, wasn't it?"