Chapter 23

Author's note: Raye's tantrum based off of Chevy Chases Christmas Rant. Also small Lemon is hidden within this chapter.

Raye barely waited for the heavy door to close before mounting the short flight of steps, then bolting down the faintly lit back hall. Her shoes echoing in the lonely emptiness. Making it to Mina and Usagi's home room in a matter of seconds, just as the bell tolled for first period. She was about to burst into the class room, when the mass of students began to vacate the room for the hall, heading to class. Swarming in an oblivious tide around her. forcing her to wait with her heart in her throat. She couldn't believe she just exploded like that to Chad. He deserved every brutal word she had hurled like daggers at him. But being the first time she had ever stood up to a man, it left her light heated and trembling with adrenaline.

She had just tossed a bright normal future to the wind...

Her heart was racing and her mouth was dry...her palms felt sweaty and she was the most nervous she had ever felt in all her life. Her mind reeling at a cross roads she had just entered in her young life. Dancing anxiously just outside the door, wanting to find refuge out of sight. Knowing that the spurned man in question would be coming through the side door any second now and not wanting to engage with him again.

Usagi brought up the rear of the exiting students, talking absently with Mina. The blondes were as always polar opposites when it came to fashion. The golden blonde was in her tight dark blue jeans with the rose embroidery and untucked cream blouse with a white sweater vest over top. Looking smart and cute at the same time, with her long twin tails and buns. While the honey blonde was in a pair of jean dungaree's with a tight white halter top. With black suspender's holding up the baggy style pants, and an orange Hurely hoody half zipped hanging loosely off her shoulder's. Sassy and sexy personified!

Raye cast Usagi a meaningful look as she passed, "We are gonna talk later." she commanded, before grabbing a startled Mina by the shoulder's and twirling her back into the privacy of the empty class room.

Usagi gave her a confused look but nodded and headed on her way.

"What the..." Mina blurted out as Raye pinned her against the white washed out wall just inside the doorway.

"I'm sorry..." The raven haired girl breathed, her dark eyes searching the blondes sweet baby blues in a panic. For any kind of forgiveness, any flicker of emotion that might give her hope. That she hadn't fucked things up between them irreparably.

Mina merely laughed at how stricken she looked, confronting the girls fear and remorse with an understanding sigh of relief. She had truly thought she had lost her, her heart was soaring now to have her back. Confessing her guilt about how she had treated her earlier. But she had had a moment of clarity in the last few days herself.

"It's alright...I pushed you to fast. Your reaction was completely understandable." She smirked, cupping her scared girls cheek, comforting her silently with the warmth of her eyes alone.

"I was such a bitch..." Raye groaned, closing her eyes and basking in the tenderness of her touch. Melting into her caress, turning her face into her palm seeking to feel more of her love.

"You were confused and it was totally my fault." Mina sighed softly. As Raye slowly opened her eyes at the devastation in her voice. To find the blonde near tears. Struggling with the over whelming feelings that she could barely understand, looking broken and fragile like the slightest touch might shatter her into a million pieces.

"No..." Raye began to defend, needing to heal all the pain she had caused. Needing to fix them, before everything she ever cared about unravelled before her. But Mina silenced her with a warm, patient smile. Gathering her courage and the strength to her voice.