♕Calpurnia♕

Disclaimer: I wrote this before they broke up lmao so

Ok
I'm sorry for this one
Plz don't attack me if you disagree
OR if I get some facts wrong.
I know nothing about this band.
I literally have listened to their EP like twice and their newer song once.
I love the people in it but I also don't know much about them.
So like don't attack me under any circumstances

So
First I have to say, the instruments in this band are fucking PHENOMENAL!!!
I always get lost in the music and Ayla makes my heart sing with her solos. I am a sucker for good instrumentals and this band HAS IT.

Buuuut...
I do NOT like Finn's voice.
No hate against him, this is just my personal opinion.
My friends love his voice!
I just...don't.
It doesn't sound good at all to me and I hate saying that because I love Finn!
He's a great guy and very talented in so many ways.
But his voice just doesn't do it for me.
Either that, or the voice he uses doesn't do it for me.
Like I don't wanna sound shitty but I remember back when he just put covers up on Twitter and those were so good. I loved his voice, everything about it.
But now?
I just don't.
It sounds forced.

Ok but moving on from that, because Finn isn't the only one in the band lol.

Ok so Waves? Absolutely amazing. It's beautiful and I'm not positive but I can only assume Ayla sings it...?
Idk but it's amazing.
I love it, it gives me such good vibes.

Cell is decent. I've only heard it once but it's good. Finn's voice is tolerable in it lol

But anyway Ayla? She's one of my many girlfriends. Her guitar solos, as I mentioned before, are my favorite thing in all of the possible songs. She's a phat uwu and an angel and actually close to my age so like Ayla plz interact, I have feelings

Jack SHREDS it on the bass. Like seriously the bass in their songs is great. Never fails to send a beat rolling through my bones.

And Malcolm on the drums is also phenomenal. Not to mention he's one of the cutest human beings ever. They're an amazing band! Really! I'm just not fond of Finn's voice.

And the last thing I'll say(this doesn't apply to like maybe one or two songs idk) is that I deeply wish they'd cover songs on something, ANYTHING other than love. And girls. Like please.
They are one of the bands of the next generation and they're still singing about relationships?
They're a chance to spread something so much more positive and so much more enjoyable.
They need to write about something fulfilling in life and something important.
Relationships?
They're important but DEFINITELY NOT at their age.
I'm sorry, I don't wanna pull the age card but COME ON.
Life is more than girls and crappy relationships.
Sing about life.

Please.
That's all I ask.

~*~*~

Send in more topics/ships/people/bands/shows ANYTHING!
I'll cover anything(: