Author's Note

AUTHORS NOTE

Greyscale is a spin-off from my story Suicide, Skittles and Skates based on the character of Hannah as there were (purposefully) a lot of unanswered questions around her. I would recommend you read Suicide, Skittles and Skates before this as it will definitely help understand the characters but tbh this can be a stand alone novel. Please note that although my stories are technically romance, they are more of the coming-of-age type of story and are about discovering yourself in order to be able to fall in love.

Greyscale is about a girl struggling with an emotionally abusive mother and an unknown father whilst torn between the two races and identities, feeling as though she belongs to neither.

That being said, this is not a story about racism! It is a story about shitty families and false friends. This story is  about discovering oneself. It's about learning things about you that you didn't even know. It is a love story but self-love always comes first in my books before my protaganist falls for their love interests. This is a pretty long story and is pretty slow because character development is important to me and makes it all the more realistic.

This story is littered with familial neglect and emotional abuse. There will also be a touch of physical abuse and attempted rape. If this is going to trigger you, please don't read it. Your mental health is far more important than some dumb story on some dumb site. There will be one sex scene in this story although it won't be explicit at all. I'll stick a warning at the top of the chapter so you're aware of it and can just skim past if you'd like. Also, some swearing.

Started writing on 29th April 2014 and finally completed on 27th June 2016 (after being on hold numerous times!)