CHAPTER 9: Mmm....BBQ

LIAM

I'm looking forward to this and can't wait to see my mate. I can't stop thinking about her and my wolf right now is jumping up and down in excitement as we're headed over towards the house in my truck.

I can't wait until I see Astrid again. She's so beautiful and I just am hoping she gives me a chance to apologize for grabbing her wrist. I really didn't mean to upset her. 

After we arrived at the house and walked up to the front door, before we could knock, the door opened and standing there was the last person I wanted to see, Cherri. 

"Hello there! Welcome to our home." She says with a fake act of kindness. 

"Thanks." I force myself to say. 

"Please, come in." She gestures with her hand and has us come inside. 

"Can I get you anything?" She asks. 

"No thank you. Where's Jace?" I ask. 

"He'll be down in a minute. He's finishing up with a last minute meeting on the phone." She says rolling her eyes. "I'll go let him know that you guys are here." She says as she walks away. "Make yourselves comfortable." She yells back. 

We all look around at the place and it's not bad. However, I'm here for one main reason, Astrid. Which I can smell her amazing scent strongly so I know she's close by which gets me and my wolf more excited as he begins to purr a little bit. 

"I'll be right back." I tell my guys as they all go into the living room and some of them take a seat while others stand and wait, including Bullet. 

I follow the scent until it leads me towards the kitchen. I look and see my mate standing at the stove, mixing something in a pot and stirring it. 

Then as she turns around she jumps back a little from being startled. Which I quickly raise my hands up in the air to let her know I surrender. 

"Oh my god, you scared the hell out of me." She says while she places her hand over her heart. 

"I'm sorry. I swear I didn't mean to do that." I tell her. 

"That's okay." She replies. "Is there something I can get for you?"

"No. I'm fine, thank you." I smile. 

"Well, the food will be ready in a few minutes. So if you or your guys need anything just let me know." She says before turning back around and finishing up stirring whatever she was in the pot.

"Do you need any help?" I ask her. 

"No thanks." She says with her back still turned to me. 

I begin walking closer towards her and then as soon as she turns around again, I am already inches away from her lips. 

My wolf suddenly takes over for a minute as I put my nose in the crook of her neck and begin to gently inhale her scent even more and my wolf begins to get excited and moan a little bit. 

"You smell so good." I lowly tell her. 

"Yeah?" She asks breathlessly while trying hard not to moan as I can tell she wants to by how nervous she sounded when she just answered. 

"Mmm. You are so beautiful and are all mine." I tell her as I brush my lips gently against her neck until I get to her sensitive spot where I will mark her. 

"Mhmm." I hear her moan a little. 

"Liam?!" We hear Cherri call out. 

"To be continued." I tell her while placing a gentle kiss on her lips. 

Both me and her quickly move back from one another right before she turns the corner and comes into the kitchen and catches us. 

"There you are." She smiles. 

"Yeah, sorry. It just smelled so good in here that I just had to have a taste." I say while turning my head and winking at Astrid, causing her to blush. 

"Well come along. It's time to sit down at the table. She'll bring out everything." She says while looping her arms through mine and escorting me out although I quickly remove her arm from mine. 

Cherri tries to play it off as though she's not embarrassed that I just did that but rather or not she knows I'm Astrid's mate or not, she needs to know her place. Especially when she's someone else's mate. 

After taking our seat, with me and Jace both sitting across from one another at each end of the table as Cherri of course, just has to sit next to me and as I look at Jace hoping he would say something to her about the way she's acting towards me right now but instead he's not even paying attention. Either that or and he doesn't really care. These two are meant for one another with how pathetic they both are. 

Astrid comes walking outside carrying a big platter that has a lot of steaks grilled on them and then she heads back inside to grab some drinks for all of us as well as grabbing a few sides to place down at the table. 

Right as she is about to head back inside the house, I stop her. 

"Wait. Aren't you gonna eat with us too?" I asked her. 

Everyone begins to look at me except for my men look at Cherri, Jace and his guys with smirks to see what they'll say or do next as they all are staring at me right now while I don't break eye contact with Astrid as she's looking at me shocked. 

"Uhm.." She begins but is interrupted by Cherri.

"She can't. She already ate. In fact, I'm surprised there's anything left." She says. 

I look at Cherri and sit back for a moment while sarcastically giving her a surprised look before scowling at him a little bit as I ask him, "Damn, you allow your Luna to speak to your own sister that way? Especially after she made this dinner, which your  Luna should have done?"

He glares at me and then takes a couple of deep breaths in and lets them out as he tries and calm himself down while I smirk at him from the satisfaction I am getting right now by the way he's reacting. Because as everyone at this table knows, I out rank him. He needs me more than I need him for any ally he wishes to ever make with my pack and I and to blow up right now or talk back to me would not be a good idea.

He then looks over at Cherri, or should I say more like glares over at her while I'm sure mind-linking with her to let her know not to embarrass him that way again. 

He then looks over at Astrid who is still looking at me surprised and then tells her, "Sit." 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)