CHAPTER 20: I Will Train You

LIAM

As soon as she left, both my wolf and I wanted to run after her. I mean, I really didn't want anything to happen to her while not sure if her body could have handled it or not. Especially from an Alpha, seeing as to how Alpha's give a much more intense mark and affects everyone differently, but in most cases can make someone feel weak, particularly if they don't have a strong bond with their wolf yet.

As I was waiting for her to return and still feeling worried while trying to flip through the channels on the TV, I began to sniff the air as I smelled an all too familiar scent that I haven't smelled in a long time. It was my childhood friend, Melrose. In who I haven't seen for a couple of years.

"Hey there stranger." She says as she leans against the doorway.

"Melrose?" I ask her in disbelief it's her. "Is that really you?"

"Yeah. Missed me?" She grins and winks as she begins walking over to me.

"Of course! My god, it's been years since the last time I saw you." I comment.

"Yeah. I've been travelling. Recently though, I've come back. I miss my best bud." She says while playfully hitting my chest.

We hug each other and then takes a seat next to me on the couch, facing me.

"So how have you been? You look good." I compliment her.

"I've been great. Actually, I heard also that you found your mate." She smiles.

"Yeah. She's amazing." I begin to tell her.

"Well where is she?" She asks.

"She went out for a run. She'll be back soon." I tell her.

"Good. I can't wait to meet her." She says excitingly.

Which makes me feel a bit relieved since she has always wanted us both to be each other's mates.

"So what about you? Have you found your mate yet?" I asked.

"Actually I have. He'll be down here in a month or so. He's a traveler. I think you'll like him." She tells me.

"I can't wait. He better treat you right." I tell her.

"He does." She replies. "Even if he didn't, you know me, I don't let that shit fly." She laughs as do I.

Then while laughing I noticed as I look over Melrose's shoulder, my love is here. Which right away I couldn't help but get excited.

"Baby?" I said as soon as I saw Astrid and began getting up to walk over towards her and embraced her into a hug. "I'm so glad that you're alright. I was worried." I tell her as I continue holding her tightly, never wanting to let go.

"I'm okay. I just needed some air is all. I'm sorry to have worried you." She assures me.

I just smiles at her and right as we were about to kiss, we heard Melrose clear her throat a little bit.

As we turned to look at her, I take hold of my hand and start walking over towards the Melrose.

"Astrid, I want to introduce you to one of my good friends since we were six, Melrose. Melrose, I would love for you to meet my mate and the future Luna." I introduced them.

Melrose and Astrid and right as I began worrying about if rather or not Melrose was gonna say or do something bad, like she always has with all my exes, she surprised me and instead, hugs Astrid. Which of course made me feel great to see one of my really good friends since childhood, get along with the one that has stolen my heart.

"It is so good to meet you. Oh my god, this guy can't stop talking about you. It is a pleasure." Melrose smiles at Astrid.

"Thanks. It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Astrid replied.

"Well, we have some things we have to do and talk about but I will talk with you later." I tell her.

"Okie dokie." She says and gives me a quick hug and then gives Astrid one more hug goodbye before leaving.

As soon as she leaves, I look at Astrid and just can't help but feel calm and at ease.

"Astrid, I'm so sorry. I never should've told you that you couldn't mark me and that you weren't ready. I mean, clearly you weren't effected in a bad way as I thought you'd be. Please forgive me." I begin to apologize.

She places her hands on the sides of my face and as I look at her, I can't stop becoming mesmerized by her eyes. I can get lost in them forever.

"It's okay. I understand and I wanna prove to you that I am more than capable and ready to not just mark you, but to be with you." She tells me.

"Aww baby. I know you are. Which I'm actually glad you brought that up because I wanted to tell you that I was thinking I could help train you." I suggested.

"Really? Okay!" She shouts excited and throws her arms around me while kissing me.

"You are so cute." I tell her.

"I know." She jokes.

"Good. We start tomorrow." I tell her before kissing her again. Damn, I am so lucky.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)