CHAPTER 13: Have Dinner With Me

LIAM

I woke up this morning and noticed Astrid wasn't beside me.

Immediately, I began worrying about if she was taken or had run away.

So I got up to head downstairs and was relieved right away when I noticed Astrid standing in the kitchen making breakfast. Not because she was making breakfast, although it smelled delicious, but the fact she was still here as last night I was worried that she would have ran away or something.

"Good morning." She looks up from scrambling some eggs with a smile on her face.

"Morning beautiful." I reply with a smile.

"Hungry?" She asks me.

"Yeah." I tell her.

Then I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her waist as I lean in and give her a kiss on the neck.

"Mmm." She smiles even bigger and turns around to kiss me on the lips.

We begin making out until we hear someone's throat clear.

When I turned to look and see who it was, I saw Bullet.

"Sorry to interrupt." He winks.

"Perfect timing." I sarcastically tell him.

"Smells good." Bullet says while taking a big whiff of the smell.

"Well you can't have any since you ruined our moment we were having." I tell him.

"Stop." Astrid smiles while turning around and turning off the stove before plating the eggs along with the big plate that had a pile of bacon sausage and toast. "I made enough for everybody."

"Aww. You are so sweet. But I must tell you, each one of us could eat all of this ourselves." Bullet says.

"But this is more than enough." I tell him through gritted teeth as I saw out the corner of my eye a disappointed look upon Astrid's face.

"I'm sorry. I can always go out and but some more food." She suggests.

"No. I didn't mean that. I'm sorry." Bullet tells her as she smiles.

"Good. Now go round up the rest to come and eat." She says to him to which he mind-links them while grabbing his seat after carrying a platter of food over towards the table.

As we all take our seats, I have Astrid sit right next to me as the others begin coming from outside and taking their seats at the table.

We all look at Astrid after making our plates and wait for her to take the first bite.

"What?" She asks.

"You take a bite first, my Love." I smile at her.

"Oh. Right. Sorry, I forgot." She replies and then grabs the fork and takes her first bite before the rest of us start digging in.

Throughout breakfast, everything was going good. All the guys seemed to be liking her and some even mind-linked me letting me know I have the perfect mate.

Then once breakfast was over, I had to go and head over towards the tower where a couple delta's were at, watching over the others that were guarding the perimeter.

I hated to leave her but I needed to. So I left her with Cedric as he said he'd show her around the house and everything.

I couldn't stop thinking about her. In fact, it was really hard to focus and concentrate on what one of the delta's was telling me because I couldn't stop thinking about her. That was until I heard him tell me something about a rogue being caught.

"What? You caught one? I thought you killed the tresspassers?" I questioned the delta.

"We did. However, we had found one that seemed to have been waiting for them not far into the woods." The delta tells me.

"Good. Now take me to him." I demand.

"Yes, Alpha." He replies.

The delta, Bullet and I started heading towards the 'cell' we throw ones we capture into and as soon as he opened the door to the building and we began walking towards the cell, I could smell the scent of rotted flesh, along with many other foul odors. Then finally, we arrive to the rogue's cell who I see is chained up with a shackle around his neck along with both his wrists shackled to the wall as well. As I stand outside of the cell looking at the man, I can't help but feel disgust along with so much rage and hatred.

"How were you and the other rogues like you able to get onto our territory?" I asked.

"As I told your pathetic and worthless weak mutts, that it doesn't matter what you do to me, I will never tell you shit." He says while spitting some blood that's in his mouth onto the floor and close to my shoes.

"You do realize that I really don't care if you tell me anything or not. Frankly, I don't mind even having my guys here continue torturing you until we see you gasp your last breath." I threaten him.

"Go ahead then. Although nothing can save your new Luna from the pain she is soon going to endure. It'll be excruciating to the point where it's too unbearable for her to endure." He grins.

I can't help it. I can't hold in my rage anymore while I break open the cell door and go up towards the man and right away I just snap his neck.

"Before you get rid of his body, I want you to remove his head and display it towards the entrance of the woods and any other rogue that dares to trespass again onto our territory, I want you to do the same around the entire perimeter and display all of them to send a message." I tell him.

The man looks at me questioniogly.

"Alpha..." He begins, but I stop him right there.

"Don't ask questions. Just do it." I tell him before looking at Bullet and having both of us start to head back towards the house.

On our way back, Bullet tries to calm me down.

"You know, Liam. I have never questioned your motives or actions and decisions on things. But what you said back there, I just want to ask one thing." He says.

"What?" I reply while avoiding eye contact and looking out the window while our driver continues driving.

"Is that really what you want to become?" He asks.

"And what is that?" I asked him while looking at him this time.

"A beast. A monster. Someone who lets anger and rage consume them to the point where it becomes venom coursing through their veins enough to take over. We've seen it happen before and I don't want that to happen." He says with concern.

"I know. But that's why I have you." I tease as I hit him in the shoulder.

We both share a laugh together and then I start thinking about stopping by the cellphone store and getting Astrid a new cell phone and surprising her with it over dinner tonight.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)