Knowing

The ride back with George was quick. As soon as he pulled up to my apartment, he leaned over and gave me a tight side hug. George was like the nicer, more present older brother I never had. "Alright Flower, take care, Matty shouldn't be back too late. If you need anything just call me up." He said ruffling my hair.

"Thank you George, drive safe." I waved to him as he pulled away. It had been a few days since I was at my apartment. Jake kept coming back, but today there seemed to be no sign of him. I walked up the stairs and collapsed as soon as I reached my bed. I kicked off my sneakers, shook off my coat, and grabbed my book, curling up on my bed. Right as I was about to start reading, someone knocked at my door. Matty had his own key now, and I doubt he'd forget it. I rolled off my bed and made my way down the hall. Before I even got to the door, who ever was knocking started wiggling the doorknob.

"Rose, I know you're home." It was Jake. "Just open the door I need to talk to you." I was frozen in place. Matty wasn't home, George was still on the road and wouldn't pick up, Sheryl was..... doing nothing. I could call Sheryl! I whipped around and speed walked to retrieve my phone. Just as I got through the doorway to my room my front door clicked open. I whirled around and saw Jake standing there holding up a key. "I took Theo's spare."

"Get out or I'll call the cops." I blurted out. He just laughed, inching his way towards me. I slowly backed away with every step he took closer.

"No you won't."

"Matty's gonna be home soon." I tried not to sound scared but it didn't work.

"No he won't." His hand shot forward and grabbed my arm.

"Let me go, now." I said threateningly.

"I just want to talk, just listen okay?"

"Why should I?" I spat. "I know you're just gonna talk shit about my boyfriend."

"Alright list-"

"No, I don't give a damn about what you think about him because he makes me feel more safe than you ever have."

"Ros-"

"And I don't care about your whiny ass being upset that I chose him over you. He's not a drug dealer, he's not going to hurt me, and he's not dangerous!"

"Yeah, well he's the fucking robber!" He yelled leaving me shocked.

"W-what?" I asked is disbelief. it wasn't that I didn't believe him, I already knew he was the robber, I just couldn't believe that Jake found out.

"Yeah, your not-so-dangerous boyfriend is the fucking robber. And I know where his next hit is." I couldn't even produce words. "I just came to tell you all this because I figured you deserved to know. Also I wanted to tell you that just because we were friends, that doesn't mean I'm gonna go easy on him when I arrest him." And with that, he walked out and left.

I didn't know what to do, but I just felt shocked. I hadn't even really thought about the possibility of Matty getting caught by the police. Until now, I just kept thinking that Matty was too good at his job by now that I wouldn't have to worry.

I went into my room and climbed into bed, wrapping myself in my blankets. Amongst my blankets and pillows I could feel my phone vibrate. It was a text from Matty.

Sorry for bailing out on you earlier, I'll be home soon.

I answered him quickly "I really need to talk to you." I knew that would scare him and he could come home quicker.
It didn't take him long to get home, maybe ten or fifteen minutes. As soon as he got home he ran into every room leaving my room last.

"Rose, love, you wanted to talk?" He looked nervous, but his expression changed when he noticed that was crying. "What's wrong?" He rushed over. I sat up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"He knows." I mumbled. Matty pulled away, his face laced in confusion.

"What? Who?"

"Jake, he knows who you are. He knows you're the robber."

"What?" He didn't really direct that question at me, but more of at the universe.

"He was here, he came here and told me that he knows who you are and he knows your next hit. Matty what if he catches you? What are we gonna do?"

He got up and went to my closet. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Packing you a bag, we're going to my apartment for a while. He won't be able to find us there for now." He pulled out one of my suitcases and started throwing my clothes in, stopping occasionally to say "oh that's nice" and "you'd look so hot in this" and then continued.

"Matty what are you gonna do about Jake?"

"I told you, we're going to my-"

"No, I mean about him knowing where your job is."

"Well either we tell him to back off or I tell my 'employers' and have them take care of it. They won't be too happy but they can take care of it." He mumbled the last bit. I got up and wrapped my arms around him. "We're gonna be okay."

"Okay." I believed him and I don't think there was ever a moment where I ever doubted what he said.

A/N:

Wow I am a giant piece of shit. I'm so so so sorry that I haven't updated in forever. I'm such a lazy asshole. I meant to update earlier but my drafts wouldn't save sometimes when I edited them, but I finally motivated myself to finish this up. Again, I'm so sorry for the wait. Thank you for reading, liking this, and commenting. And also, thank you for putting up with me and enjoying what I write, it means so much to me!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ <3