Talking About It

Matty and I were laying on the floor of his apartment, staring at the ceiling when George walked in.

"What are you doing?"

"We are staring at the ceiling." Matty said.

"Why?" George asked.

"Why not?" I retorted.

"You two were made for each other." George stated, sitting on the couch, stretching his legs and putting his feet on Matty's chest, causing him to make an "oomf" sound.

After a few minutes, Matty's phone started ringing. He stood up and looked at it.

"Be right back." He stepped out leaving me and George.

"Do you really care for him?" George asked suddenly.

"Of course I do." I was taken by surprise.

"I was just making sure. He really cares for you. I can tell he really loves you. The way he looks at you says it all." His statement made me blush. "I'm glad he's finally found someone to put up with him." He laughed. Matty walked back in.

"Sorry, love, I need to go take care of somethings." He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. "George, can you give her a ride home?"

"Yeah, can I talk to you for a second first?"

"Yeah sure." Matty looked like a child who had just been caught by his mother. They walked out into the hall. Even though they had left the room, I could still hear them.

"Matty, please tell me you're not doing it again." George said.

"I have to."

"No you don't! you're being stupid." He sounded frustrated. "What about Rose? Did you even think about her?"

"I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing it for her. Im trying to protect her, they said they'd take her."

"Does she know?"

"Yeah she knows, George, I just don't want her to get hurt. I didn't know they'd find out about her."

"Did you think about leaving her? Just until you knew she'd be out of harms way?" I held my breath waiting for his reply, which surprisingly came fast.

"No, there's no way I could do that." He said immediately. "I wouldn't be able to function."

"That's awful selfish, don't you think?"

"I'm a very selfish person I guess."

"Whatever, I'm going back in, we've been out here too long already. We are not done talking about this though." I heard George open the door and walk back into the apartment. I tried to make it look like I was watching the news the whole time. "Okay Rose, are you ready to go home? or do you want to stay here for a bit?"

"Nah, I'll go home, I need to do some cleaning anyways." I stood up and brushed my pants off.

"Ha, I told you before, Matty never cleans up after himself." He laughed.