Chapter 20

Running a brush through my hair while sitting at my mirror, I daydream of what Alpha Kenn and I would do tonight. I have been brushing for a while, and my hair is completely detangled, but my mind cannot stop wandering to him. I think I may be in love with him, which worries my friends because he is not my mate. They sat me down and told me that as soon as I find my own mate, I will be entirely infatuated with him and forget about Alpha Kenn, but I convinced Alpha Kenn otherwise, telling him that the Moon Goddess has made a mistake, not pairing us together. He said that I am his true mate, a bond far beyond what the Moon Goddess could have given us, and promised me that we would rule the pack together. Alpha Kenn had lost his mate and told me that it was fate that he'd meet me.

Now, the Moon Goddess has told me that she makes no mistakes and that my one true partner is out there, and as always I am stubborn. At least I can admit it to myself, though. And she promised me that Alpha Kenn would leave me with an unfulfilled, broken heart, which sprouted a grudge, and it continues to grow as she continues to try and lead me on a different path. I love him, I shouted at her, hurt that someone so close to me would not support my choice, you did make a mistake! He's my mate. We're meant to be together!

I have not spoken to her in a while, her visits now sparse and short, no longer talking about my inner troubles. The last thing she said to me was, I am sure you'll find your way, which makes me feel somewhat guilty. She has always been a mother figure to me, as I am her daughter, and yelling at her feels worse than when I do so to my birth mother. Though, I am sure she will understand the meaning behind my rebellion as Alpha Kenn has put me in a sort of trance, his hypnotizing eyes making my heart cave in. His voice is enough to send me into a deep, beautiful sleep of lush dreams and lucidness.

He does not know of my gift, and that is why I had asked him to meet me tonight, so I could confess and be completely open with him as he has been with me. I will probably enchant him with my mysticalness, and he will fall in love with me even more. Just the thought of us together, him, the Alpha, and me, the gifted, building the most prosperous pack in existence.

My birth mother says I'm a dreamer, and I can only agree.

I slip on my coat and shoes as the hour grows near, anxious to see him. Although my plan has gone smoothly in my head over and over again, part of me does worry that he will find me crazy or weird and not magical at all. I just have to remember that he loves me and I am sure that will keep me brave.

When a knock comes to the door, I am quick to answer, coming face to face with him in a flash. He's smiling his charming smile, and I cannot help but catch the disease. "Hi," I blush, giddy.

"Hello, Rachel," he greets and closes the door for me, leading me outside.

We walk along the pathway into the trees, immersing ourselves in our own world where no one can bother us. The autumn air keeps us fresh, and I specifically aim my feet at the fallen leaves, loving the crunching sound. Our arms are linked, and I feel like the Luna already, wanting to skip over the waiting and jump right into my happily ever after. He won't go into detail when I ask him why we have to wait before announcing our partnership, but he says it is because of his mother and that she is disapproving. I have offered to meet her times and times again, but Alpha Kenn only says that he is handling it. I understand that it may be hard for his mother to accept a person, who is not her son's mate, into the family, but if I could only charm her myself...

"You wanted to talk about something?" Alpha Kenn asks, taking me from my consuming thoughts.

"Uh—Yes, there's something I wanted to tell you, actually, something about myself that you don't know."

He glances down at me, "Are you sure that I don't know everything?"

He leads me farther into the trees, making me wonder about the border and if we might run into it. I am thankful for the privacy, though. We may be out here for a while because I am sure I'll have to explain things in great detail for him to register everything. "You don't know this," I say, "I'm sure about that."