Cable x Reader (Rising Tensions)Part 13

The dark phoenix was causing nothing but chaos for the X-Men as they tried to take her down. Even the military attempted to fight by shooting at her. They at last called in an airstrike which did nothing but provoke her rage.

She thrashed out at any soldiers sending them all over the place and injuring them. In search of further targets she spotted more out near Magneto only to set after them.

Professor X was attempting to get inside her head to shut her down but she was actively blocking him out. Cyclops and Storm were ordered to stay back once the Professor saw she was headed your way. He knew this could either end terribly wrong or possibly resolve everything.

~

Magneto turned his attention away from protecting you once he noticed the soldiers firing at something new. He looked over seeing the phoenix attacking them head on. Her telekinetic powers kept launching dangerous objects all about the place. He very soon realized she was completely out of hand.

A massive military tank shot towards him but he out reached his hand stopping it mid air. Her fiery eyes met his frown before she screamed and the whole thing blew apart. Small pieces launched everywhere and a few shards scratched past his cheeks to his disapproval.

He sent another tank her way which partially struck her as the two of them very quickly set into a fight of their own.

You stood still like a luminous statue not far from where Magneto was fighting off the Phoenix. Cable watched with concern as various objects shot at Magneto fell your way only merely missing you. He tried calling out for you to get out of there but it was like trying to yell under water through all the noise. "Dammit" he muttered to himself looking back at the fight going on and deciding to make a run for you.

It was like charging through a battlefield as he dodged various flying objects on his way toward you.

He was only a few feet away when he leapt behind a wrecked vehicle and kneeled behind it for cover. His cybernetic eye allowed him to see you better as it was hard for his human eye to adjust to your brightness. You looked even more beautiful to him as you stood there glistening.

He tried calling out your name again as it echoed through your mind with familiarity. To his relief your head atlas turned over to gaze at him. The expression you held was ghostly as he noticed you were in some dream-like state.

Erik held off a good fight but even he soon realized he couldn't stop her as she was too powerful. Her surrounding flames swarmed in his face distracting him as she hurled another vehicle his way. He just barely dodged it when it flew in your direction to everyone's horror. The moment it contacted your skin though it immediately lit up before imploding and sending a violent surge of air. It hardly moved you but everyone else in proximity was sent backwards. Even Magneto and the Phoenix flew back from the outburst.

Erik's eyes slowly turned to you in amazement as it dawned upon him that you could take her down.

Cable caught Magneto's reaction quickly putting together what he was thinking. "No! Not a chance in hell! You're not using her anymore than you already have!" Cable yelled angrily in protection of his sweetheart.

Magneto ignored him as he continued to watch you praisingly. Cable was furious with him, he had already had enough of him before but now he was just crossing the line. He lifted his gun and angrily blasted him out from the sky getting between you two. Magneto recovered in shock from how powerful his gun was and before he could stand back up Cable was already at his side to knock him back down again with the force of his metal arm. He ripped off his helmet off and kicked it away.