Cable x Reader (Weary Days) Part 3

The next morning you expected to hear the usual knock on your door from Cable but this time no knock came. You wondered if maybe you did something wrong, maybe he caught on to your feelings and was now rejecting you.

As the afternoon aproached and there was still no knock you sighed and decided to just stay in today. You had some paperwork to complete so that kept you busy for the rest of the day.

~

That night you were dreaming again and it started to play over that dream about your powers but you managed to wake up before it could really happen. You sighed and got yourself a glass of water then headed back to bed and just listened to music with headphones to distract yourself.

As the sunlight hit your face you awoke tiredly. Looking at the time you hadn't gotten very much sleep. It was also around the time Cable would usually come and check on you but an hour passed and surely enough no knock came. It left you feeling a little saddened like you had been forgotten.

Looking out the window you debated going outside alone. Remembering Quicksilver's words you decided why not, your powers seemed to tame right down maybe it was because of the atmosphere here. Grabbing a thin coat you headed out to walk around the garden on your own. Subconsciously you had your head down when a voice came startling you. "Y/n right?" You looked up to see a woman in leather with very white hair and a friendly smile. You nodded and shook her hand. "Storm" she introduced.

"Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you sooner" "It's okay the first few days I kind of kept mostly to myself" you admitted feeling a bit bad. She smirked. "So I heard Cable carried you in, was that the first time you used your powers?" She asked curiously. "I'd say they more so used me" you half joked to which she laughed. "Ah so your like Jean a little" You nodded. Everyone kept saying that but you hadn't quite seen what her powers were, in fact you hadn't fully seen what your own powers did since you'd always black out.

"So your pretty dangerous huh?" You shrugged feeling a bit ashamed about it since it was so easy to cause major destruction. "Hey don't worry you'll learn to control it like the rest of us, chin up" she smirked. "I have to run though, was cool to meet you!" She smiled before running off.

Heading back to your dorm you still felt a bit sad about Cable. You had it in your head that he was avoiding you or forgot about you.

~

Each day only got duller for you and you felt drained for some reason. Half a week had gone by and you hadn't heard from Cable either so it just made it harder to deal with. Each night your dreams would enhance and get worse awakening that familiar pain inside. You'd wake up screaming and though it was pitch black outside your room would be beaming with light from your skin. Stressed out you tried to fight it by no longer sleeping.

Another two days went past and you were feeling a little better though you felt like you could could pass out any minute from missing two nights of sleep. A speedy knock came at your door and when you opened it was just Quicksilver checking on you. "Hey woah you don't look so good" he quickly observed before helping you back to your bed since you looked ready to collapse. You sunk forward resting your head in your hands as he placed a hand on your back. "What can I do to help?" "Just keep me awake please" He smiled vanishing and reappearing seconds later with a bunch of candy and coffee.

Looking at what he had in his hands you laughed and he shrugged "What, this will definitely help!" You nodded and accepted willing to try anything at this point. He happily spent the day with you keeping you occupied with his video games and movies and just talking non-stop while you just listened completely entertained by the wingnut.

When night time came he offerred to spend the night with you awake but you shook your head not wanting to put anyone else through sleep deprivation. He felt regretful leaving you alone and could tell you were possibly missing Cable. "Alright well I'll come check on you in the morning then" he pointed at you seriously. You smirked and nodded appreciating his kindness.

You made it through a third night without sleep though your skin had gained a bit of a glow that wouldn't fade away. Still no word on Cable made you really start to wonder if he was even at the mantion anymore. You got up and headed to his door ignoring the faint pain your powers were causing. You hesitantly knocked but there was no answer. You wanted to open the door but respected the privacy and just as you were turning back Quicksilver appeared. "Oh didn't you know? Cable's out on a mission with a few of the others, actually I tried to go too but guess they had enough people already, hey wait was your skin glowing before?" He talked so fast you sometimes didn't fully catch his words.

You were so tired you almost couldn't keep your eyes open and felt a headache coming on from lack of sleep. "More coffee?" You nodded appreciating his help. Not a second past and he already had one in your hands. You drank it and it hit you like a brick. "Pure espresso mixed with energy drink and extra sugar" he smiled and you raised your eyebrows at it.

Another day full of Quicksilver's company had kept you awake but when night came he was much more skeptical to leave you alone but you insisted he get rest. He left but decided to stay awake just incase cause he had a bad feeling about tonight.

A few hours alone and your powers awakened taking over. Your eyes beamed like headlights as did your skin as your entire room shone so bright that when Quicksilver busted into your room hearing the scream that he had to shield his eyes. It grew brighter and brighter and in a panic he rushed grabbing you and carrying you out to the forest as far away from everyone as possible.

He had to leave you in the forest and get out of there because the blast you emmitted demolished half the forest and even shook the ground as far as he was. His eyes were so wide from worry that he knew you needed serious help. He wanted to check on you but knew it'd be best to get proper help first so he rushed back to the mansion.

~

You lay there unconscious in the middle of what was now disaster. Your skin was still glowing but just faintly. A man in a red suit curiously tracked down the bright blast only to find you to his surprise. Going on a whim he decided to take you back with him.