Cable x Reader(Kidnapped)Part 4

Cable's Point Of View

———-

More than a week had gone by of trying to complete this mission I got invited on. We were trying to capture a rebel mutant who was messing with politicians and creating a bad image of all mutants to the general public. He proved a lot harder to capture as it had been a long fiasco.

I regretted not telling y/n but I felt she had enough on her plate to worry about, poor thing I just wanted to find a way to help her. It helped knowing that when I last saw her she was doing a lot better with her powers.

It was day 9 when we finally caught the bastard. I didn't care the way the other Xmen ran things, when I got my hands on him I punched him out to keep him from running away. Cyclops stared at me for it and I shrugged him off not willing to risk spending even more time trying to catch this guy if he ran off again. I dragged the unconscious body onto the blackbird and was the first to get myself buckled in ready to get back to the mansion after such a frustrating mission.

The others didn't comment as they were probably happy to head back too. Once we got back it was coming close to 5pm so I made two plates of dinner and headed to y/n's room to surprise her. I had to admit I kinda' missed her, she was good company.

After knocking twice with no answer I opened the door to see her room was a mess. That was unusual since her room was usually kept tidy. Having a bad feeling I set down the plates and headed back to the others. "Was there any word on y/n?" I asked Cyclops and he shook his head. I went to further investigate and came across Storm. Maybe she knew where she was. Before I could ask she almost blurted out when she saw me. "There you are! Y/n's gone missing!" She exclaimed.

I frowned at the news wishing I had stayed with her. "How long has she been gone?" I asked as we walked back to suit up. I didn't care if it took another week I would find that girl. "We're not sure but Quicksilver was with her last" she explained. "And where is he?" I asked straight faced. "He's out looking for her as well" "Can you fly the blackbird?" She nodded. "Good, I'll fuel it up."

~

After about an hour of searching we managed to find what appeared a blast site. I didn't like the look of it one bit and it only made me worry about her even more. I just wanted to see her safe. Storm lowered the jet enough for me to jump out and investigate. I scanned the area and was quite taken aback because the first time I found her the blast was a fraction of the size, this... this was something new.

I found a set of footprints though they looked too big to be hers. Getting closer I could make out in the dirt where she had been. I kneeled and traced my hand on the spot where she lay. Remembering I was being watched I jogged back for the jet getting back in. Storm was quiet, I could tell she caught on that I was close with y/n. "Let the jet scan the prints and follow them" I stated and she nodded.

I had put together that someone had come and taken her away and I was ready to go to battle with whoever it was. The jet door was still slowly closing after me when a gust of wind came through and Quicksilver appeared before it could shut. I just about had him by the neck for letting this happen when he dodged me to explain. I clenched my fist trying to relax and let him speak.

"I've been looking this whole time, when I came back to the mansion- I remembered you were all away I-I panicked I didn't know what to do! I came back and she was gone! I've searched everywhere I can't find her!" He sputtered out as I stared him down. "Listen kid" I growled and Storm gave me a look to relax so I took a breath restarting. "What happened? Why was she all the way out here?"

"I-I had to bring her far away she was so unstable it w-was dangerous!" His eyes were so wide I could tell he was genuinely sorry and startled. Storm placed a supportive hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down. "It's okay you did the right thing, by the looks of it you saved a lot of lives too" she gestured to the blast site.

~

The three of us followed the trail which lead to a very familiar part of town that I wished I wouldn't be seeing again so soon. I realeased a heavy sigh grabbing my gun while Storm and Quicksilver looked at me quizzically wondering what it was. "Deadpool" I mutterred and they just looked at each other. "You two wait here, I've got this one."

I impatiently jumped down from the jet breaking the fall with my knees before she could full lower it. I knew that every second y/n was with Deadpool he was possibly harassing her like he did everybody else. Marching over to the little apartment I got inside the main door and was ready to kick down the room door when there was a scream and a blinding light between the cracks in the door moments before I was launched backward through a wall from an explosion.

I was helped up very quickly and when I turned I saw it was Quicksilver. "Hey I thought I said to stay" "Actually you just said you had this one" I rolled my eyes and the two of us headed in. The room was trashed from the small explosion and Deadpool was snapping his bones back into place from the blast. I marched right up to him. "Where is she" I demanded grabbing him by his collar and he raised his hands before pointing to another room.

Dropping him I hurried for the room and froze in the doorway. There she was on her side shaking like crazy and her skin glowing bright.

~

Back To Reader

~

Feeling the pain surge within you tried to get your new friend Wade to run away but he insisted he would just heal, infact he liked the pain. You were so unstable you couldn't even laugh. Your eyes lit up as did the room as another wave emitted wrecking the place further as you collapsed once again. Your eyes were watering at this point from how weak you felt and how you just wanted the pain to be over.

Trying to lift yourself up onto your side you slowly looked up to see Cable in the doorway. The look on his face was so troubled he dropped everything and ran to your side. He grabbed your sides and pulled you into his lap. A tear slipped down your cheek and you smiled tiredly leaning against him with relief. The strong sensation of pain began to fade. Deadpool and Quicksilver watched in amazement as the moment he touched you everything dimmed and you seemed to stabilize.

"Talk about fairytale prince lifting a spell" Deadpool nudged Quicksilver jokingly. Once your powers calmed down your eyes slowly shut. All three of them sat and stood up straighter for a second worried but Cable waved them off when he felt you still had a pulse. Cable very carefully scooped you into his arms and protectively walked past them taking you back to the jet.

They each looked at each other. "See this is why I don't buy expensive houses" Quicksilver chuckled, patted his back and sped off. "That's it? No goodbye kiss or monologue? Sheesh now I gotta' clean up this mess, do some homework, take the goldfish for a walk, jee golly" he shook his head starting to pick up the wreckage.

——