Cable x Reader (Caught Off Guard) Part 9

It seemed rare to have a "normal" day at the X-mansion as there was always something going on or the world found itself in danger yet again.

You found yourself in the mansion's library boredly skimming through self defence books on your own time. You looked up when someone you hadn't seen before entered the room. A lady with dark hair tied back in a ponytail and what seemed purple highlights. She kept her gaze to herself as she headed for the shelf somewhat close to yours. You wondered to yourself if she was maybe new or something and continued on with your books.

A strange noise caught your attention, almost like a subtle creaking sound rumbled through the building. A very bad feeling formed in the pit of your stomach as you became suspicious of things. That same rumbling returned and you could hear screams in the distant halls. You closed your hand slapping the book shut when you looked over noticing the lady suddenly staring at you. She hadn't even reacted to the screaming... she knew this was coming.

Slowly you turned your back on her to try and walk away but you sensed her quick footsteps behind you. Turning around you caught her wrist moments before she could strike you. Your eyes were wide but hers only narrowed before she kneed you in the gut. Your body's reflex was to hunch over in pain before she took another swing but you quickly managed to evade it. She was quite powerful and intimidating as she only continued to approach forcefully swinging at you as you did your best to backup while dodging the attacks.

You were completely caught off guard by this whole thing. Your footsteps stopped when your back met a wall as you realized you were trapped against a huge bookshelf. She punched you sending you backwards knocking over the shelf as books poured out making a huge mess. Groaning in pain you looked up and watched as purple kinetic energy rushed out of her arm in the form of a sword. The two of your guys's eyes locked. Not about to let her win this fight your skin slowly started to glow as you smirked back at her.

It was her turn to go flying when you blasted her straight through the library wall. You felt sorry since you wrecked the room but you knew it would be easily replaced and your safety was more important. She angrily stood up but there was a flicker of joy in her eyes glad to find a match. She charged at you with her sword and you dodged it just barely as it cut away a piece of your jacket. You glared at her for it and tossed the jacket to the side. Her eyes travelled along your bare arms taking in the cool glow it was emitting.

"Fancy powers you got there" her voice rang through your mind startling you. Was she a telepath? You wondered in your head. "More than just that" she smirked startling you further. You hated the idea of people getting in your head. "Who's Cable?" She then asked with a taunting smirk catching you off guard. This made you angry that she was sifting through your mind. This provoked you to set off another explosion but a bit more powerful than the last. As your skin grew with light a new voice interrupted and stopped the two of you. "Ladies, please.. don't fight" You both turned to see a man in a suit standing in the doorway.

The most interesting thing about him was that he wore a strange helmet. You had never seen this man before but when your eyes travelled behind him you felt very afraid. Hovering behind him you saw Jean's unconscious body as it was being held up by metal restraints. Metal. Realization struck you as this was the man Professor X warned everyone about. You tried to make a run for it but something caught your feet making you fall against the floor. You looked down seeing a metal beam nightmarishly snaking itself around you before you got dragged across the floor towards the man.

He used the metal to bring you up close to his face as he looked you up and down. "You didn't tell me she was so pretty Psylocke" he smiled. Psylocke seemed jealous of the comment. "Oh excuse me, where are my manners? My name is Erik, but others call me Magneto" he smirked. You felt very uncomfortable in his presence feeling unsure of his intentions.

You had the urge to escape and did the only thing you could. You were about to blast your way free but Psylocke had already read your mind and quickly knocked you unconscious.

~