Chapter 8 - Breaking Point

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: Chapter 8 of 'Slash's Revenge' is here and this one is a bit angsty. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone enjoys it.

Thank you so much to all my wonderful readers, followers, and friends. I'm so grateful for the support. Also, I want to thank everyone who nominated and voted for my stories in the 2017 TMNT Universal Reader's Choice Awards. I was so incredibly honored to be amongst the many talented nominees and winners. {B

Shout outs to my creative consultant, Captain Vegeta, and my beta reader, Joanne N. Grey. These two girls are so awesome, there are just no words to describe how much I adore them. Thank you both to infinity and back. ILY!

Okay, let's do this! Thanks for reading. ;) CJ

----------------------------

Chapter 8 - BreakingPoint

It was a proven fact that the Shellraiser's top speed was about one hundred twenty-five miles per hour, which was nothing to scoff at considering it was a revamped, old subway car. But as truly impressive as that speed was, the vehicle was still going around seventy-five miles per hour too slow for Leonardo's liking right now.

Normally, the sensible leader practiced safe driving skills when behind the wheel of his genius brother's most cherished invention. In fact, Leo's cautious nature was the main reason why Donatello had chosen his oldest brother as the designated driver of the Shellraiser in the first place...

"Now, I've assigned everyone to a station based on your individual skill sets. I can't drive, because my station's in the back. So..."

"DRIVER!"

"Leo drives."

"Why?"

"He's least likely to hit something just for fun."

"True..."

Had the brainy turtle been there at this very moment to witness Leonardo's suddenly reckless behavior, he would've revoked the leader's driving privileges, permanently. In his haste to get to the location of his second youngest brother's T-phone, Leo had pretty much thrown all caution to the wind. With the exception of a few hairpin turns that required him to do some last-second braking in order to keep the Shellraiser upright, Leonardo had been going full throttle the entire time. Something Donatello most certainly would've never approved of. However, the rest of Leonardo's family didn't seem to have any objections to him driving like a maniac, therefore, he continued to do so until they neared the location of Donatello's phone. Once they were within about a hundred feet of where the GPS indicated Donnie's T-phone was, Leo pulled the Shellraiser to a screeching halt, parking it in an inconspicuous alleyway to keep from arousing any additional suspicion from humans.

The family immediately climbed out of the Shellraiser and commenced searching the area, with Leo leading the way, as to be expected. He had his T-phone held out in front of him like it was a compass, squinting down at the tiny coordinates on the display.

"According to the GPS, his phone is somewhere in this vicinity."

Upon hearing Leo's announcement, Raph whipped out his own T-phone and fired off a call to his genius brother, figuring it was the best way to pinpoint the phone's exact whereabouts.

Then, they all listened attentively.

With his sensitive hearing, it was no surprise that Master Splinter was the first to detect the familiar ringtone of Donatello's phone.