Chapter 45 - Not Alone

*Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

*Author's Notes: I'm super excited to share this new chapter of 'Slash's Revenge' with you. Maybe that's because this happens to be one of my very favorite chapters in the story. I truly hope you all enjoy it.

Okay, on with the story... Thank you all for reading!

CJ

---------------------------------

Chapter 45 – Not Alone

As much as Donatello adored April, he couldn't help but to roll his eyes as she approached. It was incredibly demeaning that his brothers thought he was so frail and damaged, he needed April to watch over him as though he was a helpless child. He just hoped she didn't decide to bring Casey Jones along with her. Like this whole situation wasn't embarrassing enough as it was.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Donatello rubbed his forehead with his right hand. He could feel the start of a migraine coming on.

Just perfect...

"Thanks so much for coming down on such short notice, April. I'm sorry you had to drop everything you were doing on my account." As he spoke, the genius turtle did an admirable job of hiding any trace of annoyance behind a voice that carried both his utmost sympathy and guilt.

He truly felt bad about making April come down to the lair. He knew she had a big exam she needed to study for. She had been talking about it for weeks. And now, she was stuck watching him.

Donnie was about to spin his chair around and give her the big, puppy dog eyes when the screen of his T-phone lit up, indicating he had received a new text. His family had finally sent him an update. Reaching for his phone, he eagerly opened the message.

Hey, D. Just wanted to let you know I'm on my way. See you in a few.

All the air instantly deflated out of Donatello's now-compromised lungs while his heart started to race about a million miles per minute. For several agonizing seconds, he couldn't move as he listened to the sound of footsteps drawing closer and closer. They soon came to a stop, just a few feet behind him.

Then, the room fell painfully silent.

Paralyzed with fear, the purple-masked turtle could only stare down at his T-phone in utter disbelief.

The text was sent less than a minute ago.

Less than a minute ago!

That meant it wasn't April who was standing right behind him.

But if it wasn't April, then who the heck was it?

He suddenly found himself praying on all that was good that it was actually Casey, but deep down inside, the brainy turtle knew better.

Casey Jones was incapable of sneaking up on anyone, period. Maybe that's because there was no way in shell the teenage boy could keep his mouth shut long enough.

With Casey and April officially ruled out, Donatello felt his whole body start to tremble with horror. So much so, he thought he might vibrate right off his chair.

Well, at least I can move again... Donatello's caustic inner voice mocked.

Desperate for air, the terrified turtle attempted to gulp down the thick lump forming in his throat to no avail at first. However, after a few more swallows, his breath began to come out in shallow, almost inaudible gasps, as though he was quietly hyperventilating to himself. Donatello pressed his lips tightly together to stop himself from making any additional noises, listening closely for anything that might reveal who was standing behind him.