Chapter 46 - Where Is He?

*Author's Notes: I'm so very, very sorry for the long wait on this chapter, my friends, but I'm back and I'm bound and determined to finish this story. Thank you so much for all the support and to everyone still reading 'Slash's Revenge.' It means so incredibly much to me. I appreciate you all more than you know.

Alright, I'm getting all kinds of emotional here. Let's jump into the chapter. I think you've all waited long enough for this one...

CJ

--------------------------

Chapter 46 – Where Is He?

"Can't this thing go any faster?" It seemed like the closer they got to the lair, the more impatient Raphael became.

He wasn't the only one...

Leonardo was getting pretty sick and tired of the snide comments coming from the back of the Shellraiser. If he wasn't so worried about Donatello, the leader in blue would have pulled the vehicle over several miles ago and given his hotheaded brother a piece of his mind. Not that it would have done any good. The temperamental turtle would have just made fun of him for getting his bandana in a knot.

"I'm going as fast as I can, Raph." Leo somehow refrained from telling his brother to stick it in his shell, but there was definitely a 'stick in your shell' tone to his voice.

Raphael's only response came in the form of a growl as he resentfully sank into the back of his seat at the weapons station of the Shellraiser. He was acting like a little kid pouting because he didn't get his way.

Sensing the tension building between his two oldest brothers, Michelangelo aptly pointed out, "We're almost there."

The youngest turtle was right. No more than two minutes later, Leo was pulling the Shellraiser to a stop just outside of the lair.

They all fled out of the vehicle as though it was about to explode. They then leapt over the turnstiles and rushed into the pit of their humble abode. Master Splinter took the lead, with his paws held out in front of himself, prepared to attack anyone who dared to come at him. Behind him, Leonardo and Raphael both drew their weapons while Michelangelo called out for his genius brother.

"Donnie!"

There was initially no response, causing Mikey to call out again, only this time, much, much louder. The panic he was feeling inside was painfully evident, just in the way he yelled out Donatello's nickname.

"DONNIE!"

The four ninjas were about to start searching the premises when April came running towards them, completely out of breath. Her big, blue eyes flooded with fear as she spoke in an uncharacteristically screechy voice. "Guys! Thank goodness you're here!"

Leo was the first to step forward and try to comfort his human friend, curling a hand around her upper left arm and giving it a gentle squeeze. "April! Are you okay? Did you find Donnie?"

In an attempt to regain her lost composure, April drew in a deep, cleansing breath of air, but it didn't seem to help a whole lot. She still felt like she was going to hurl or pass out. Maybe both... "I'm fine, but Donnie... I – I think he's in trouble. Come quick!"

April frantically ushered her friends into Donatello's bedroom where they saw the shattered T-phone strewn out on the floor.

"I guess that would explain why he's not answering our calls." Mikey stated the obvious, mistakenly assuming the busted phone was Donatello's mobile device.

They all made the same mistake...

"DONATELLO!" Raphael roared out his missing brother's full name, anger rising to dangerous levels. The veins in his forehead and neck started to bulge out as if he was about to blow his top.