How To Stop

(If you message me on twitter I will always try my best to get back and help you, my @ is k_newborough)  

Stopping self-harm? To one who is going through it, this seems impossible. 

People can tell you so many ways of 'stopping', but do you ever stop? That memory and need for it is always going to be there, it's just you getting better at ignoring it. Sounds complicated, right? Okay, let me break it down.

Distracting yourself does work, no matter how hard you tell yourself that you can't. You clearly aren't trying hard enough. If need be- tape your arms and wear a long jumper before sitting at a TV. If you really put your mind to it then that desire to cut, burn, pinch, hurt or whatever you do will go away for a bit. Sure... it'll come back, but it's making that desire less and less noticable.

What do you do when it comes back? Find that point that makes you unhappy, and get rid of it. In some cases then this isn't as acheivable, but it can be done. If it's your homework or an event, you can explain why you can't do it... that the stress is just too much. You choose to be happy- but I'll explain that next chapter.

When you can't take it anymore, do something about it. Scream, scribble, rip something (other than a head and body) and let that frustration out! Don't be afraid of having to take a break. This is the first step for stopping self-harm. If your happy, you are in the right state to stop.

After a while, you'll know that you can make those feelings causing you to self-harm to go away. it'll take a long time to stop thinking about it, but you've gotta be strong :)

As started above, next chapter's all about CHOOSING to be happy. Stay tuned :D