Stereotyping

(If you message me on twitter I will always try my best to get back and help you, my @ is k_newborough)  

Ever been called emo, goth, greb, worthless, nutter, crazy or stupid for self-harming? I have. Everyone has. People hear the word self-harm and instantly label you as something much darker than yourself. But you need to remember that they're just words and no-one can tell you who you are.

But where did this come from?
- In my opinion, the typical emo person is non existent. Everyone is unique and shouldn't deserve a label. So what if you have black hair, listen to rock and metal, self-harm and don't like talking to people? That's you. So what if you're random, scribe things into your arm and  have dramatic mood swings? That's just you.  

People never understand this concept until they've been under the rasps of it. It's not until you're called something your not that you can grasp the concept of everyone being different.  Reading this, you are beautiful and you mean so much to someone. You mean so much to me, and I don't even know your name. I bet you have something to like about yourself, even it be little as you once drew a decent picture, or you can play a couple of pieces on an instrument. That is so much to be proud of, because if you get up after being called all these names and show them differently then you are a strong and beautiful human being.

Likewise, if you can prove someone wrong about another person's stereotyping, then that's amazing. If you can stick up for someone you don't even know just because you know how hard it must me, be proud of yourself. Everyone in themselves has the ability to make the world a better place, and you can't sit back and let these words kill you from the inside out.

~Join me next time when I talk about methods of stopping self-harm.