Epilogue: Bless the broken road

After two years:

Draco was doing his rounds when he saw familiar faces standing by the counter; he felt his heart filled with worry as he jogged towards them. "Mum? Dad? What are you doing here?"

Lucius turned around and saw his son standing behind him; "It's Hermione."

Draco felt all the air get sucked out of his lungs as dread fill his chest; "What happened?" he asked frantically.

"We don't know, we just received a floo call from Harry and told us to come here immediately" Narcissa replied.

"Where the bloody hell is he?" Draco yelled.

"I don't know, we just got here son" Lucius replied.

"There he is" Narcissa pointed towards the hallway.

Draco turned around and saw Harry walking towards them; he didn't wait for the other wizard to reach him, he met him half way. "What the hell happened to my wife? Where is she?"

"She's gone into labor and Luna is examining her----"

Draco didn't wait for Harry to finish his sentence as he disapparated right on the spot.

 Narcissa gasped; "She's having the babies!"

Lucius didn't seem to hear his wife as he stared at Harry; "She's supposed to have the babies next week, why did she go into early labor? What happened?" he asked sternly.

"Trust Lucius to be the one to figure it out---here goes nothing" Harry thought. He adjusted his glasses; "She went into labor because she spoke with someone and I think she got upset" he explained.

Lucius narrowed his eyes menacingly; "Spoke with whom?"

"Ron..."

"Ronald Weasley?" Narcissa clarified.

Harry swallowed thickly; "Yes" he replied. "Ron approached me this morning and told me that he wanted to talk to Hermione because he wanted to apologize."

"And you let him?" Narcissa asked.

Harry shook his head adamantly; "I didn't. I specifically told him to stay away from Hermione because that wouldn't bode well."

"Let me guess, he went against your wishes and still went to see her?" Lucius said dryly.

Harry nodded; "He did."

Narcissa sighed; "He should've known better" she said. "Well, there's nothing we can do now, let's just hope that everything will turn out alright."

"Where did they take her?" Lucius asked.

"Maternity ward, I'll take you there."

oOo

"Draco! Where's Draco? I want my husband!" Hermione whimpered through tears.

Luna gently wiped Hermione's forehead; "He's on his way love, Harry is getting him for you---please try to relax" she said gently.

Hermione closed her eyes as another contraction hit her hard; she let out strangled cry as she clutched her stomach. "I---I can't do this...it hurts..."

A loud crack resounded just as the door burst open, revealing a frantic Draco; he run towards the bed and began checking on her wife. "Hermione? I'm here love...I'm here..."

Hermione opened her eyes; "Draco...you're here...it hurts so much..." she cried.

Draco turned his face towards Luna; "How far long is she?"