Chapter Nine: Heartbreak warfare

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potter Mansion – London, England – 7:05 P.M

"Did you like your chicken munchkin?" Harry asked his daughter.

Candice nodded her head as she continued munching enthusiastically.

Astoria smiled at her daughter and turned towards her husband; "Where did you buy this food love? It's so good!" she exclaimed.

Harry took a sip of his water; "It's the new restaurant in Kensington Gardens love, they sell the best Indian food in London" he replied.

Astoria's eyes widen; "You've been to Muggle London? Why didn't you take me along?" she pouted.

Harry chuckled; "I'll take you there next weekend love, I promise" he said.

"You better! You know I like going there" Astoria replied brightly.

Harry smiled at his wife endearingly; "It still amazes me, every time you tell me that you love Muggle London" he said.

Astoria rolled her eyes; "Why? Because I'm a pureblood?" she asked.

"Purbud!" Candice repeated happily.

Harry chuckled and turned towards his daughter, pinching her chubby cheeks affectionately. "It's not that love and you know it. It's just weird seeing you mingle with Muggles" he clarified.

Astoria's face brightened; "I love seeing your Muggle heritage, it makes me know you more" she explained.

Harry turned towards his wife and smiled; he then leaned forward and planted a chaste kiss on her lips. "I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" Astoria replied.

Crack!

Fifi appeared out of thin air and curtseyed; "Fifi is here Master and Mistress because you's have visitor" she squeaked.

Astoria threw Harry a knowing look and turned towards the elf; "Is it Ronald Weasley Fifi?" she asked.

"Yes, Mistress. Mr. Weasley is at the foyer" Fifi replied.

Harry's face hardened as his lips curled into a sneer.

Astoria noticed her husband's reaction and stood up; she then turned towards her daughter and kneeled at her side. "Are you finish love? Do you want to play with Mr. Duck?" she asked.

Candice hastily discarded her fork and turned towards her mother; she let out a high squeal and nodded her head vigorously. "Dak!" she exclaimed.

Astoria smiled and plucked her daughter from the chair; carrying her into her arms. "Say good night to Daddy first, munchkin" she said.

Harry stood up from his chair and walked towards his wife; "Daddy will be up in a few minutes Munchkin, I just need to talk with someone.  I'll read your favourite story, okay?" he said.

Candice nodded; "Stowy!"

Harry smiled; he then leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her daughter's head.

"Be gentle, love" Astoria whispered. She then turned around and began walking towards the stairs.

Harry watched his wife and daughter, disappear from the staircase before he turned towards the elf; "Fifi, you mentioned that Ronald is outside the foyer right?" he asked.