Chapter Nineteen: You give love a bad name

Disclaimer: I don't own anything aside from the plot. Characters are created by the brilliant J.K Rowling. Harry Potter A/U Fanfiction. Enjoy! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What goes around comes around and what comes up must come down" has always been the golden rule of Karma and Ron Weasley can attest to that. One upon a time, he was a decent man, a reliable best friend, a loving fiancé and a dotting son. He used to think that he has everything that any man could ever wish for but for some unfathomable reason he manage to lose it all. Now, all he has left is a bad reputation, an ex murderous best friend, an ex fiance who doesn't want to have anything to do with him and parents that will castrate him if they found out that he's having a baby out of wedlock. Karma is really a bitch and he's being slapped at every turn.

"Mom? Dad? I'm here, where are you?" Ron called out loudly.

"Kitchen" Arthur replied.

Ron swallowed hard upon hearing his father's tone; he squared his shoulders before he made his way towards the kitchen.

"Sit down Ronald, I believe we have a lot to talk about" Molly said seriously upon seeing her youngest son.

Ron stared at his parents for a moment before letting out a defeated sigh; he pulled a chair and sat down.

Arthur leaned back on his chair and clasped his hands tightly on top of the table; "Is there something you want to tell us that we should know about?" he asked too calmly.

"Yes."

oOo

"Where on earth have you been? I've been waiting for you in ages!"

Millicent stepped out of her fireplace and dusted off the soot from her cloak; "Don't you have work?"

"I do but I called in sick" Pansy replied.

Millicent snorted as she walks towards the couch; "You own the bloody business, pray tell who you called?"

Pansy waved her hand dismissively; "That's not important" she replied. She then sat straighter and stared at her best friend curiously; "So, what happened? How did the Weasley's take it?"

Millicent leaned back on the couch and began massaging her temples; "I'm not actually sure how to describe it to be honest. I, for sure managed to screw Ronald up but at the same time I can't help but feel like I did the same to myself" she admitted with a sigh.

Pansy narrowed her eyes; "Don't tell me you feel guilty because you still love that poor excuse of a man?"

Millicent threw Pansy an annoyed look; "Do you want me to explain why or would you rather speculate until your mouth foams?"

Pansy looked abashed; she cleared her throat and gestured for Millicent to continue.

"Everything was going according to plan, I was able to make Molly believe that Ronald didn't want marriage, that he only cares for the baby. I can see it in her eyes that she's 100% convinced and she's on my side" Millicent paused and scowled. "That is before Lavender Brown decided to show up and claimed that she's going to marry him."

Pansy's eyes widen in disbelief; "She wants to marry him? Why on Merlin's name does she want to do that?"

Millicent shrugged her shoulders; "I don't have the slightest idea."

"So why do you feel like you screwed yourself too?" Pansy asked.

Millicent resumed rubbing her temples; "Things got a little bit out of hand and wands are drawn" she paused. "I got carried away in taunting that slag that I accidentally blurted out that she won't be marrying Ron any time soon because I'm carrying his child. Molly seems to take it to heart and now I'm not quite sure what happens next because she told me that she'll take care of it."