Chapter 16

Trey's POV-

  I had fallen asleep in the waiting room when a older looking woman came in asking where my angel was. I stood up and listened in on the conversation...yeah im nosy at least I admit it.

"Im here from the state to bring Matthew Di Corrado back to a safe enviroment" She said talking with my dad.

"When you mean enviroment you mean a foster home?"

"Its just until we can find somebody suitable for him to live with, if not he will stay in the system until he is eighteen years of age."

"So he'll be in that hell hole until you can legally throw him out!" I asked moving in. My dad sighed and shook his head at me

"Trey I have asked you time and time again that you please stop eavesdropping." I just shook off his remark and turned my attention to the woman

"Well we will be contacting his mother to see if she will take him but it doesn't look in his favor" She said and turned her attention to the doctor

"When he is released he will be released to only me. My name is Martha Simmons and I am Matthew's social worker" The doctor nodded then she left.

"S-so I won't even get to be his boyfriend after I just got him back?" I slide down against the wall and sat when relization hit me. We would eventually break up.

"Trey get up" My dad said and sighed when I didn't. Suprisingly he sat down next to me on the floor.

"Trey the reason I didn't want you two to date was because I didn't want you to get hurt. People bully gay people all the time I never wanted that for you. I also saw the way you look at him, With love. I know that your young and naive but you have to remember his dad is not a good man and can move them anytime. Besides it was only a matter of time before this whole sharade caught up with him and Matthew was going to get burned eventually."

I looked at him then back down to my lap. He placed his arm around me and held me as I cried softly

"But I just wanted to help him" I whispered

"You knew?" He asked. When I didn't give him anything he grabbed my chin and made me look up at him.

"Trey answer me. Did you know what was going on?" I nodded

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because he was scared and those boys in the system rape him dad!" I exclaimed

"Son even if that may be you must always tell me important things like this. Not saying anything won't protect anybody"

"I just want him to be okay and stay here with me and I know its selfish but I just really love him"

"I know you do son and your mother and I have talked about it" I looked up at him curious

"'Bout what?"

"Y'know that extra room in the attic we barely ever use?"

"Yeah" I was getting excited but was also ready for being put down

"Well if we can convince the state that we're adequate and if Matthew is okay with it, He can stay with us until college" I was completely shocked.

"Ar-are you serious?" I asked he nodded

"Only if he wants to" I smiled and hugged him

"I love you dad"

"I love you too son" He patted my back and we parted

"He's awake" The doctor said I nodded and asked when he'd be able to have visitors

"You can go in now but only for a while, he may be a little groggy" I nodded and walked into his room. I shut the door and started blushing remembering the last time we were here.