Chapter 25

**** Okay this whole Essence Fest experience, I have seen sides of Aug that are just ridiculous lol. That video of him talking gibberish backstage cause he drunk, is absolutely hilarious. That video of him drunk swaying, I can’t. Please somebody get him lol.

But that video of Aug crying about Mel at Essence. And saying he be going through some ish. I can’t. I can’t y’all. It’s breaking my heart lol. Y’all haters better leave Aug alone. Stop making his life harder than it already is.

Picture of Meme Aug sent Amb in M/M. ****

AMBER P.O.V. –

As I walked out of Target, I felt my phone vibrating indicating I had a text message. I took the bags from the cart, put them in the backseat, closed the door and returned the cart to its rightful place.

As I walked back to my car, I looked at my phone and saw Aug had sent me a ridiculous picture message.

It was a meme of a black couple with sextuplets that read, “This Could Be Us, But You Keep Playing.”

I laughed out loud as I opened my car door, knowing he was referring to the fact we never could have a moment without it being interrupted.  

Me:

Get off my line with this foolishness.

August:

I’m serious dis stop n go shit is killin’ ya nigga.

Me:

Sorry baby, I had to go. Told you I’d make it up to you.

August:

You betta. Else I’m out.

Me:

You couldn’t leave me if you tried.

August:

Don’t test me.

Me:

Whatever. Lol.

August:

Bout 2 go pick up the grls and get my clothes and stuff. We shuld b at the house when u get back.

Me:

Aight. Love you.

August:

I knw u do.

Me:

Bye boy.

August:

Aight. Love you too. Lol.

I put my phone on the passenger seat, and turned on my India Arie–Voyage To India CD. How befitting The Truth began to play. It’s exactly how I was feeling about Aug at this moment. I sung along as I drove to my mother’s house.

How can the same man that makes me so mad

-do you know what he did-[spoken]

Turn right around and kiss me so soft