14. Elevator

Jace POV

After dropping Kate I returned to my penthouse. I changed and got into bed but I could not sleep. Everything about her just kept coming in front of my eyes.

Today was an eventful day. When I saved her from the car, I was so terrified seeing her there I could not help but run for her. I thought I'm going to loose her. I was scared to death. No other person has affected me like her.

I don't know why I got agitated when the waiter was flirting, seeing her smile because of some other man made me angry. I wanted to punch him. I don't understand what she is doing to me. I have never been so possessive in any of my relationships in past and now I'm not even a relationship.

And when I almost kissed her my whole body was awakened even though it was just for a second, it was like time has stopped, I just kept looking her at without blinking as if, if I blinked she will vanish. She looked so beautiful with her lips slightly opened, eyes closed, she was breathing hard I could smell the wine in her breath and her scent was intoxicating I was lost.

And the biggest question was how an person can affect so much in just two days. It was something in her that kept pushing me towards her. I have to be distant. I'm not sure what I'm feeling for her but I know that I'm not ready for this.

Next morning I went to office early. I had back to back meetings the whole day which was a relief as my mind was occupied. I saw her in the lobby during lunch she was talking and smiling with Ben from resource department. I so wanted to go there but I controlled myself and start to head out.

Next few days went out the same. I tried to avoid her as much as I can. I slept everyday with a girl I pick up from bar but I could not seem to remove Kate from my mind. I just kept myself occupied.

On Monday morning I was going in the elevator,

"please hold the door I'm coming." I heard a Kate's voice. I immediately placed my hands on the doors to prevent it from closing. She came running. I glanced at my watch and I can see that she is late.

She entered the elevator. She was breathing hard, her hairs were all over the place, you could see the sweat was trickling down from her forehead to her chin to her neck and disappear in her light pink blouse. I kept looking where it disappeared when she cleared her throat. I looked up, I could not help but remove the hairs that were sticking on her forehead with my finger all the time looking in her eyes. My eyes went up to her lips they looked so luscious and plum, I brought my face close to her, I saw her eyes they were closed waiting for my next move. I kept my hand on her cheek and leaned forward and our lips met. I started kissing her and she responded with the same intensity. Her hands were now enclosed in the nape of my neck and I brought our body more close, a moan escaped her lips, my hands were now roaming all over her body as if I want to memorize every curve of her body.
We broke apart when we were out of breath and at that moment elevator opened. She rushed out of the elevator in a second and I could not understand what took over me but I know after this kiss that she wants me as much I want her.
And I will make her mine.