5. What the hell

Kate POV

I was waiting for the elevator to arrive. My mind drifted again to that arrogant jerk. Who does he thinks of himself. He does not look so good any way. 

'Really' my inner self chided.

Yes I have to agree he was beautiful but he was also rude jerk.

The elevator chime brought me back to senses. The doors opened and many people scattered away. I quietly entered and pressed the button for 11th floor. I was happy that I was alone in here I wanted some time to pull myself together.

At 11th floor I went directly to the receptionist over there.

"Hi, I'm here for an interview with Mr. Barnes" I said.

"And you are?" she asked.

"Kate Alans."

"Okay, Ms Alans wait here I'll check and tell you, you can seat there."she said pointing towards the sofas that were placed at the entrance.

I went there and sat on the armchair that was placed beside the sofa. I was admiring the place. Everything was huge ceiling with beautiful chandelier, Glass walls forming the cabins, beautiful sight of the city outside. The office was magnificent. 

"Ms Alans". I heard my name. I looked over to the receptionist she was calling me.

I went there. " Ms Alans, the interview will no longer be taken by Mr Barnes."

"What?"

" Actually I just got a call. He is busy with an important meeting so with new arrangements the interview will be taken by the CEO"

" CEO. As in Mr Jace Harrington??"

"Yes one and only. Go to 25th floor , he is waiting for you and he is an impatient man. If i was you I would not dare to be late. "

What the hell. 

"Okay. Thank You."

 What am I supposed to do. I don't know how I'm going to face him. I have heard that  he is kind of intimidating. I got into the elevator. I was a nervous wreck. I was profusely sweating. I don't think this will make any good 1st impression. Think I went in there and he thinking 'eww she is stinking. How can appoint a sweaty.' 

Shit! I raised my hands and smelled my armpits. 'Good I'm not smelling.' When I looked above the other people in the lift were staring at me with grimace. I so hope that earth can swallow me now, I'm so embarrassed.

When I arrived to 25th Floor a Women in her mid twenties was standing awkwardly at entrance. She was a simple girl with Big glasses. Wait I have seen her. Oh yes, She was the girl in the lobby with that Jerk.

"I hope you are Ms Alans." she said in a timid voice.

" Yes I am"

" Good the boss is waiting for you and he is not in a good mood so please hurry up or he will be angry."

"Okay sure"

She led us to the big Doors, On which in a cursive handwriting i was written 'CEO MR JACE HARRINGTON'

She knocked the door.

'Come In.' came a voice.

" Mr Harrington, Ms Alans Have arrived"

"Very Well send her In."

I knocked the door once and entered the office, The Office was beautiful with dark oak floors to high ceiling windows that show the entire city. The Desk and cabinets having there modern look. It was great.

The Main chair turned around and I was pale. 

"You..!!!"