Chapter 15

It will stare through your window
It won't say a word
You'll die screaming
But you won't be heard

1

Things didn't seem they could get much worse. The entity was getting stronger, and the spirits were breaking through the wall. It seemed, after ten years of peace, the phantom had finally risen to power, enough to wreak torture on the town of Sachem Bay once again.

Prue's funeral was a week later, a joint service with Sloane Rayner at the church. Justin looked as sad as Ryan Rivers and his confused three year old son. He cared for the Rivers family and he had always been a good friend of Prue.

He conducted the funeral, everyone dressed in black. It seemed heartbreak lingered in the air, sticky and humid, as if without Prue, the light would remain behind the clouds for an eternity.

Gia also felt it the hardest. Prue was her best friend, her partner in crime, a sister and a fellow mother. She let her tears fall silently as she watched now widowed Ryan holding the hand of the now motherless little boy.

It seemed ever so surreal, how the town can ease in and out of heartbreak and tragedy, but yet still find a way to heal in the aftermath. Gia knee this, all her life she experienced it. The legend of Sachem Bay's heartbreak. Gone one day, there the next. The ghost town - haunted by more than just spirits.

Shari stuck by Logan and her family, holding his hand and trying to avoid Father Justin's gaze.

After the service, Shari walked ahead, out on to the field of the church, just before the boundary of Secular Woods curled around it.

Scott came running over, adjusting his tie.

"Hey, you okay?" Scott asked, his brows furrowed in worry.

Shari shrugged. "What, besides wearing a dress? You know I hate dresses."

Scott smiled, but it was forced. "You seem distant."

"I just don't know if coming here was a good idea." Shari muttered.

"Of course it was. You came here for Gracie."

"Scott, I we've had zero progress in getting her back."

"We found her at least." Scott retorted.

"But she's still lost on the astral plane!" Shari cried, brushing her fiery hair back in stress.

"Shari, we're family. We look out for each other. Period."

Shari shrugged. "Where has that got us? Sadie is still dead. Gracie is lost. Mom is dead inside!"

Scott held on to his temper, clenching his jaw. "Listen-"

"No, Scott. You listen. Why do the hell did you stay in Sachem Bay? You must've known the danger this town holds? You always used to say it must be cursed. So why stay, huh? Why risk Gracie's life?"

Scott shook his head in disbelief. "You know I couldn't leave mom! I couldn't move away and take her with me - we couldn't afford it! I'm sorry that you could run away like the little wild child was but I had responsibilities! A daughter, a wife, MOM!"

Shari stumbled, taken aback at Scott's anger. She had never seen Scott lose his temper before.

"You think life is so easy for me? I lost my twin sister, the other half of me. I didn't run away to live a life of paradise, Scott. I worked day and nights in a diner, just to pay the rent of an apartment I shared with my friend. I had nobody, except for this one roommate. At least you had family."

"Shari, you have family!" Scott cried, his eyes tearing up. "You always forget that! You have a family. Here."

Shari's heart felt heavy, weighing down into her stomach as her heart broke even more - if that was even possible.

"I'm going to go, I'm tired and I need rest." Shari said softly. She began to walk away, thinking about how her heels were hurting her feet.

"Shari!" Justin called, running towards her. Scott was already walking away, towards the church, his head facing the ground.

"Justin, please, don't." Shari muttered. "I need sleep."

Justin fell into step with her, seeming determined.

"We need to find Diana." He said.

"She's literally possessed. We've been trying to find her for a week and she's nowhere to be found." Shari retorted.

"I can perform an exorcism on her. And then, on the whole town." Justin explained.

Shari nodded half-heartedly. "If you find Diana, let me know."

Justin froze in motion. "Shari, it seems like you've given up."

Shari didn't stop, she continued to walk away, passing the graveyard and towards the sunset and trees. "Maybe I have."

2

Logan left the funeral as quick as he could, and took a walk by the park, hoping the soft breeze and fresh air would clear his mind.

The evening was quite bright, the sun had begun to ache through the clouds, forcing itself to lighten up the day after a morning of heavy clouds.

It didn't seem things could get any worse, for Diana had fallen victim to the worst darkness there was, and Logan would be surprised if she would even survive it.

At that very moment, Logan sat in the sun, thinking about the good times he had shared with Diana and Prue. And they were both lost.

3

Ryan Rivers ripped his tie from his shirt and shoved it on the dining table.

"Is mommy ever gonna come back, Daddy?" Bennie Rivers asked, scrunching up his tiny nose in curiosity.

Ryan got to his knees and wrapped his only son in a hug, embracing him tightly.

"You're going to stay at Grandma's tonight, okay?" Ryan said. Bennie nodded contently.

"That's a good boy. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, Champ." Ryan said with a kiss on his son's forehead.

"Love you too, Daddy." The three year old replied and took his Grandma's hand. Ryan's mother patted his shoulder slightly and then left the house. She knew her son and knew he needed to be alone.

When Ryan heard the car engine turn and drive away, he finally let his tears go, allowing them to run and pour down his face as he broke down in his kitchen.

It felt like someone was crushing his heart with their hands, clenching and tightening it to cause the most desperate agony he had ever endured.

As he sobbed and ached on the kitchen floor, he almost thought he could see, through the blurriness of the tears, Prue standing there, in the kitchen, smiling down at him.