Sinking Into Insanity... Chapter 13: Can I Really Do This?

Landyn's POV

I looked up from my casserole and looked around the table, Song Ri wasn't here.

"Song Ri, where is she?" I asked.

"Song Ri has gone to a foreign island for a shoot, and she's staying at a resort there for a week, you don't have to worry," Tristain curtly replied.

"Oh, but why didn't she tell us?" I asked curiously, even though we don't interact much she should still tell us.

"It's no big deal, anyways, why are you so concerned?" he asked.

"It's not me who is concerned it's him," and I point my finger at Seth.

"I- it's her business." Seth said flustered. Did Song Ri reject him?

Song Ri's POV

I gently placed the bouquet on their tombstones and paid my wishes. Today was an awfully sunny day for the anniversary of someone's death.

"I'm sorry for not completing your last wish, I really do wish I could, but then I would be harming your son, so I can't. I just had to let him go, no matter how much I didn't want to, I had to do what was for the best for your son," at that point I felt the tears trying to flood back, but I blinked them away. I wasn't going to cry at their grave.

"Hopefully what I did was for the best and that you guys agree with my decision from up there, but I do have my regrets, I wish I can keep your son, I bet he grew up to be an amazing guy," I let out a sigh and tell them a good bye.

As I turn around, I'm stuck in place. What was he doing here? How did he remember his real parents? I think back to a long time ago when we finished off high school, his parents had finally told him who his parents were and he brought me along with him to visit them and then not long ago, they died... Maybe he's just visiting someone else...

I hold my head down and briskly walk past him.

His hands immediately grab my arm, "Wait, do I know you?"

"No, I think you're mistaking me for someone else, can you please remove your hand?" I lied. After all the hard work and all those years, I couldn't let him remember me again, if he does, then all that pain will come, and he'll get traumatized for what had happen long ago...

"But then how do you know my parents?" he asked.

Shit, why did he have to be so nosy!? The last person I wanted to see here was him! It was already a huge risk for coming on the day of their death, but to do it at the same time?! I was so screwed! I started panicking thinking of some kind of excuse.

"Um, actually our parents knew each other," I lied, oh my gosh, what's up with all these lies?

"How come we weren't introduced?" he asked.

"A-actually, I'm very frail and can't stay out too long, so I have to go now," I said and jerked my arm away from his firm grasp, he still wouldn't let go. I felt my heart race, what if? No, these feelings can't come back!

"Why don't you let me take you home?" he suggested.

"No, it's okay," I rejected his offer.

"I can't just leave you like this, plus you have no ride," he insisted. He was true about that part...

"But what about your parents?" I asked.

"It's okay, I can still visit them in the afternoon," he said and steered me out the cemetary and towards his car.

As we buckle up he turns to look at me, "So where do you live?"

I couldn't tell him where I used to live, too many memories, plus my parents... I just decided with the truth.