Chapter 7-

Maxine's P.O.V

The floor burned my paws slightly with each step, as the smoke filled my nose as I though the fire filled halls of the 6th floor. By the time I reached the room the girl was in, the door was locked. Just my luck!
I bark out in frustration before jumping up onto my back legs and resting my front paws onto the door, using my sharp teeth I open the door even though the metal burned my mouth. Once inside the only light source was the uncontrollable fire, the smoke clouded my vision slightly. Finding her scent again, I find her cowering underneath the bed. Lowing down onto my stomach, I slowly crawl closer to her. She lay crying with her face in her hands, I let out a comforting bark before nudging her slightly in the arm with my head. She flinched slightly at my touch before looking up, her tears slowed as her breathing did also.
As she stoked my head lightly, I gentle hold onto her jacket sleeve and carefully pull her out from underneath the bed. leading her out the room, while trying to make sure she keep low avoiding most of the smoke could above us. We make it to the stairs, before she started to cough violently. We make down to the 5th floor, till we find the rest of the stair case is completely destroyed. Large pieces of debris fall consumed by flames, causing me to direct the young girl away from harm into a corner. As I think of what to do I lead the girl through the halls of the 5th floor to a room and by the window, when it hit me. The fire escape, why didn't I think of it before. I bark and jump at the closed window a few times till the girl opened it. I jump and land onto the fire escape taking a few steps forward before turning back and barking for her to follow, she did so cautiously. I let the girl walk in front of me as I walked behind, the metal started heating against my paws. The girl suddenly freezes with fright unable to move after watching another large piece of debris falling crashing onto the floor in front. I walk in front of her and push the debris away using my muzzle, the fire bite aggressively at me before she followed behind me, still scared. At the ground two fire men greeted us, they helped the girl to the paramedics as I followed behind making sure she was ok. I watch as the girl is reunited with her mum, I smiled to myself proud of my accomplishment.
A sudden yank of my collar pulled me back to reality, I growl as I look up to see a large man wearing a fire fighters uniform started to drag me away. I tried to fight against the mans firm grip but he placed a muzzle over my mouth, which dug into my burns. He dragged me over to a van labelled pound, knowing I couldn't reveal my identity I was dragged over to one of the fire engines.
"Guys, we may need to take this dog to the vets!" The fireman said to his friends, at the word 'vets' panic sat in my mind.
I continued to fight against the mans grip but stayed unsuccessful.
"Maxy! Oh, I'm so sorry if my dog caused any trouble, thank you so much for finding her." I stopped fighting and look up, relief flushed through me. My saviour, the one and only Clint Barton. The man released me from the muzzle and grip allowing me to run over to Clint who clipped my leash on and led me away. We walked for a while in silence till we reached a large field where the 'bus' was parked.
Once we were inside the loading dock, Clint unleashed me and I went straight to a water bowl which was left out for me and placed my muzzle into the cool water. I yelped as it came into contact with each little burn, Clint must have realised because he came over and examined my muzzle. He grabbed a cream from the lab and rubbed it into my fur of my muzzle, I flinched as he did so. It hurt but I knew it was going to help, I tried to stay calm so I didn't bite his hand. After all I would be in the pound with out him, Clint soon stood up and we both walked down the halls to the lounge. Tony seemed to be pacing around the room as Ward sat on the sofa with an ice pack held against his head, Coulson and May seemed to be in quite a deep confiscation. I guess they didn't hear me enter.
"What do you mean? She saved Ward, she stays!" Coulson said in a hush voice,
"She's a freak, that's spent her whole life living and stealing!" May responded coldly,
"To survive,"
"I don't care, Max can't be trusted. For all we know she could still work for HYDRA. She's getting in your head Phil, think about it. A little girl with powers needs your help, she shows up on S.H.E.I.L.Ds radar after being a ghost for almost 3 years - no kid can do that alone, she's a freak. No a Monster!"
I stood at Clint's side letting Mays words sink in, I felt my form change back intestinally.

 No a Monster!" I stood at Clint's side letting Mays words sink in, I felt my form change back intestinally

Tears stung my eyes, yet I would cry in front of them.
"Is that what you really think? You think I'm going to turn on the only people who've even cared about me, well you have nothing to worry about!" I say in a whispered voice before turning and sprinting out the door back down to the loading dock.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Hey guys
I'm so sorry for the wait,
I've been really busy with all my school work that I completely forgot to up date.
I hope you guys like this chapter.

Carly Miller
Xxxx