Chapter 8 - The diamond tears

Vote, comment and fan!! Please its for my sanity! 

Here goes.....

*********

Alexis POV

The sight of his beautifully muscled body in action was enough to distract anyone. Sweat beaded on each muscle, droplets trickling down his back, down the valley between his shoulder blades and further still to his very firm, very nude backside. Watching him intensely like this made me feel like such a perve.

(I wouldn't worry about it) the voice reassured (he is after-all our mate)

A shock crackled up my spine and my arms were thrust forward into the ground. Panicking I tried to calm myself.

(Breathe Alexis, stop trying to control your body, let your body control you. Feel each muscle contract; embrace the change, the pain fades with time.)

(Who are you?) I asked, for the past few weeks this voice had been present. Not thinking anything of it I never questioned it, but now I realised it was like sharing my mind with someone else.

(My name is Aela) the voice answered matter of factly

(Well hi Aela but what exactly are you doing in my head?) I asked irritably as another bone broke and ivory fur blossomed across my skin.

(I am your Guardian, your Daemon. I protect you when you are vulnerable and am your companion for all time) Aela replied and a fluttering sensation erupted inside my belly.

Sensing another’s presence behind me I swung round. The lesser vampire from earlier stood before me; a sadistic grin plastered across his gruesome features, stretching his black lips across sharp, brown teeth.

Instead of speech, low menacing growls spilled from my mouth. The disgusting being in front of me hissed in challenge.

(Rip his throat out!) Aela barked, my body already in motion lunging towards the said creature.

Dodging my attack the being grinned triumphantly, jumping high in the air, claws extended as he twisted his body in mid air, diving straight towards me.

(Stay still until I say) Aela ordered

Crouching low I waited, anticipating the weight of his next blow. Yellow claws mere inches from the white fur around my collar Aela growled in signal. Rolling to my right the vampire face planted the ground, a loud crack signalling his nose breaking. Pinning him down as he turned on his back, my teeth sunk deep into his vulnerable neck. Gurgling and spluttering in protest the vampire clawed at my snout but my grip never ceased. Thick, hot blood oozed down my throat, leaving a burning sensation in its wake.

Sinking his claws into my shoulder my jaws released his throat, a long yelp exploding from my mouth.

Turning back to him I took a look at my handy work. His throat was torn so deep that blood was still exiting the wound and his black, scabby tongue was hanging from the gaping hole that I had torn.

Clout and cartilage were smeared across his broken nose, mucus mingling with the dark blood and three of his claws were broken from his fall. Swaying from blood loss he dropped to his knees, attempting to spit blood at my direction in insult. It failed as spitting requires use of a tongue and his was hanging from his neck like a tie.

Collapsing on his back a gurgling sigh was heard as his last breath escaped.

(That was a good kill Alexis) Aela praised me, and then the reality of what I had just done dawned on me.

I had killed another living creature.

(That is where you are wrong little one. Vampires are Moroi; undead. They are creatures that aren't living, walking this earth only to bring pain and suffering for their own amusement. You have helped his tormented soul move on. He can finally rest now, as the dead should)