Chapter 7 - Can't touch this

VOTE 

cOMMENT 

And 

FAN!!

******

 Recap Alexis's POV

Must have just been a small animal passing, I thought, trying to dismiss the dark thoughts clouding my mind. Turning round to pick up my bag I froze. On top of my beloved boulder, eating at my pack of oreos was a big, black panther...

******

Alexis's POV

Panthers?! Panthers don't live in this part of America. So why the hell was there one in front of me? More importantly, why was it eating my oreos!?

Holding my breath I skirted around the huge muscular cat, searching for a weapon of some kind to defend myself with.

The sound of the large predator crunching on biscuit and the hammering of my heart was deafening in the quite clearing.

Quick! I thought to myself, what can I use what can I use! Maybe if I slowly wade in the water I can get away, my chances were slim as the panther could probably out swim me.

My eyes landed on a thick branch a few meters from me. Crouching low I started towards the weapon. A small shiver ran down my spine as the sound of rustling was no longer present. It ate the whole pack!

A low growl resonated behind me and I dived for the branch, quickly grasping the rotting wood I spun on my heel and faced the deadly predator....

To my shock the cat was laying flat on its stomach, velvet head tilted to one side watching my every move. Neither of us looked away for a whole minute, and my arm was starting to get tired, it was only a matter of time before the great beast attacked me.

Anger and fear swirled inside me as we continued to stare at each other; I couldn't bare the suspense any longer. Positioning the branch behind my head I crept closer to my bag.

"If you move I swear...I won't hesitate in hitting you" I muttered

The panthers jaw opened wide showing long, sharp canines as it yawned before rolling over on to its back, silky paws flopping on its chest while it's large brown eyes watched me.

My jaw dropped as I recognised what it was doing. The position itself represented submission,

(But what if it's a trap?), the voice in my head asked

(Who cares?) I replied, (this is our chance to escape)

The voice huffed (if he moves, go for the throat).

Using my left hand I grabbed my shoulder bag and started to retreat into the forest. I didn't get very far as I was walking backwards, but what stopped me was the loud whine that came from the panther. My heart stopped, oh no this is it, I thought and lifted my eyes. I looked into its familiar brown eyes, they were pleading. Shifting back onto its belly it whined again, a sound mixed between a purr and a meow. Slowly, the silky beast crept forward, my breathing had ceased and my heart was working in overdrive. The hind legs of the cat rose as did his shoulders and he padded cautiously towards me.

Out of fear I dropped the heavy branch on the ground behind me, raising my hands in front of my face as I curled up into a ball.

Well, this is it....

- Jack's POV

She curled into a ball in front of me, the weapon on the ground behind her, and her small frame shook with fear, it was literally radiating of Alexis's body in waves.