Chapter Seven

“Well that went well.” I shrug as I carry some plates over to the dishwasher, reconciling the night full of lies and fake smiles. “Yeah, they all think you’re my boyfriend you know?” Niall chuckles as he wipes down the benches.

“As I’ve said to you Mister Horan and many times before,” I start as I turn to him. “I am very persuasive.” I finish off with a wink as he shuts his lips and continues to clean the spilt drinks and the crumbs.

“I don’t think Liam likes you though.” He says with a slant on his lips, walking over to the bin. “I don’t care.” I shrug. “If anything the guy likes you.” I finish. He places the food in the bin and turns to me with his hips turned out.

“You really think he likes me?” He says before pausing. I scoff as I shove the dishwashing liquid into the dishwasher. “It’s obvious, like the way he looks at you and how much he hates me.” I shrug. “Well I’m his best friend, he ain’t gonna look at me with anger.” He justifies. “And if people found out about this whole blackmail situation they’d hate you too.” He points out.

I nod over at him. “Yeah fair point yet every single time you called me your boyfriend who like froze then gave me a death stare.” I say as I walk over to the sink, rinsing my hands. “Hm, Liam has always been that way whenever I bring guys home. It’s just…him.” He huffs with a smile.

“You’re not crushing on him to, are you?” I groan as I lean on the bench, squinting my eyes at him. “Well, no.” He blushes. “Yeah you are.” I scoff, feeling slightly hurt inside. Sort of.

“I don’t know – maybe we’re too close, I don’t want to ruin a friendship or anything.” He shrugs as he walks over to one of the stools in front of me, sitting on it leaning on his hands. “So you do like him?” I ask as I tilt my head. He just shrugs as his cheeks shade a light pink.

“W-well I don’t want you liking him so throw that stupid little crush out of the window.” I snap as my gaze breaks his, walking over to the sink to re-wash my already clean hands.

“Y-You can’t just dictate who I can and can’t love Zayn. My heart is not yours.” He tells me with his eyes boring into mine. “Maybe I can’t but I can still post that photo all over Twitter.” I retaliate as I walk back over to the bench.

“What is your deal?” He cracks as he reaches over the bench grabbing onto my lower arm, making me look him right in his blue deep eyes.

“I don’t have a deal, it’s just I don’t like you around other people.” I shrug as I jimmy myself out returning into the kitchen where I look for thing that need to be cleaned up or put away.

“You have a girlfriend Zayn and by the looks of it she really loves you – I don’t go around telling you that you aren’t allowed to have someone.” He says crossing his arms.

“Niall, I’ve cheated on her more times than I have spoken to her.” I say watching him draw his face back in disgust.

“I don’t approve of you liking Liam – that’s all.” I shrug. “Well I don’t approve of you treating Holly like such a piece of dog shit.” He retaliates back.