Hiro

I walked out the palace and stood before the towns people who waited for an outcome. I stabbed the ground with my sword and left it there as I kept on walking towards them. I fell. Taka ran to my side and lifted my neck and began to weep.

"Watashi no tame ni nakanaide." I said to her weaken and strained.

Do not cry for me.

I reached up and gently touched her faced.

"Arigato." She said softly.

"You are free now." I said before I finally closed my eyes.

A beautiful death. My master would have been proud. Busido, I lived it.

We carried his body to the burning table. The fire was lit and engulfed his entire body in flames. We all took a final look at the hero that freed us.

"A hero--our prayers were answered when he stepped into our town. A man can be a hero because he can suffer the trials, he was able to take it. Hiro is a true hero. He knew the dangers even knowing that death was at the end of the road yet he pressed on. Not because he was he sought glory or praise, but because it was right. He did not wish song, tribute, or stories of his heroism. He was our hero." Curtis explained as the fire consumed his body.

There was a moment of silence. All gave to tears and wept.

The city was freed from the dark plague the clouded them. The city was renamed to Hiro in remembrance of him. The people lived out their lives happy and at peace.

The End