Finare

The Fear master of dread and reader of hearts. He hunted my dreams for years and now I have the chance to put it to rest. I strolled into the palace that no doubt many had died trying to build. As I walked the halls memories of that dreaded day began to flash before my eyes. My father out there fighting to save his town, my mother attempting to save him and myself. Rage began to boil over, I imagined my blade piercing The Fear's flesh or slicing through his neck.

Where is he? 

I would have thought he would show up at the compound. Coward. Let his men die in battle or he is playing head games. Now that my master is gone I have no one to support. I felt alone.

I have to ignore this right now, there is a time to weep.

As I neared a narrow corridor, I began to hear what sounded like cries of pain. The deeper I walked the more the cries intensified. I also began to hear battle-cries and the sounds of clashing swords. Its impossible, the battle outside should not be heard this deep into this palace. Before me I stood up to my father.

IMPOSSIBLE!

"Hiro, look at you boy a grown man!" He said with excitement.

I was caught up in the moment. I began to take a few steps closer towards him. No! He isn't my father.

I stopped within my tracks. He extended his hand, welcoming me. "Hiro please, come to me."

"You are not my father." I said looking away and closing my eyes.

"Listen to me." A soft voice said behind me.

I turned slowly only to see my mother. My eyes widen, I broke into a cold sweat, and my extremities began to tremble. "mama."

"Yes my child."

She was just like I remembered. It was as though someone controlled my body. I started to walk towards her. She began to open her arms to embrace me. However I noticed that she was wearing the last dress I saw her in the day she died. I stopped. "You are not my mother!" I proclaimed. I then turned around. "And you are not my father!"

I pulled out my sword and yelled a mighty war-cry. The imagines shattered like glass. I ran down to the end of the corridor. It was dark. I searched around and no one was there to be found. From the pit of darkness two gun shots fired. The first bullet pierce through my leg and the second drilled through my left shoulder. I feel to knee hold the wound in my leg, shrieking in pain.

I used my sword to pick myself up. "Show yourself!"

A sinister laughed echoed throughout the room. Another shot rang out, I was able to dodge the bullet, it graced my face.

"Pathetic...much like your father."

This ran a chilling feeling down my spine, anger rose again.

"Even worst your cries of pain remain me of your whore mother."

I ignored the pain and roared. The battle-cry was so loud The Fear had to come out of hiding holding his ears. I took note of him and attacked. However as my sword slashed through his body the image faded away. Another gun shot echoed and this time it hit me in the stomach. I fell to my back bleeding out.

I failed. I failed my master, mother, and father. The people of the city I failed. I failed you Taka.

Everything began to fade to black. I saw The Fear tower above me with his gun pointing in my face. I managed to take my sword and sliced off his gun hand. He yelled in pain. I struggled to stand up but made it to my feet. The Fear retreated into the shadows.

I trailed the blood, I struggled to walk, I was weak and barely able to cling onto life. Just hang on until I can finish him.

From behind me I heard the cling of a gun, I quickly turned and fell to the ground. The gun fired as I did so. I sliced across his abdomen and the gun dropped. He stepped back and pulled his sword. We faced off, preparing for our final battle. He paused and stared at each other. We ran towards each other, both taking a final blow as we passed each other. We both stood still for a moment, The Fear spat out blood and fell.

It is done.