Killer Instinct

The Venom master of poison and plague. She was as beautiful as she was deadly. She like her comrades all had supernatural abilities. She too fought with a Kantana, however she was not Samurai nor was she trained as one.

"She doesn't even have to touch you in order to strike death upon you." The bartender explained. "She uses what many come to call 'the kiss of death' and many have fallen victim to it."

I thought back to when I first encountered her. That explains it. That explains how she was able to kill without touching people.

"How are you going to defend against that?" He asked me.

"Simply...cut of her head."

There was a pause between the two men. A young boy, about 14 years of age and by looking at him, he was poor, pale, alone, and perhaps haven't eaten for days, strolled inside the bar though it was closed.

"I got word!" He shouted.

"Well?" The bartender asked.

"There is a cash reward for who ever has knowledge of the man who killed those Genji soldiers. The Fear is willing to give that person freedom."

The bartender was interested but for only a moment. The Fear was known for his trickery and lies. He looked at Hiro and back at the boy. "Thank you lad...now run along."

The boy turned to leave however Hiro grabbed him by his arm. "When was the last time you ate?"

The boy was not quick to reply. He did not know who Hiro was, he did not even know that he was the one who killed those Genji warriors. He looked at him but quickly looked at the bartender searching for an answer.

"The Fear give little or no rations. Money is scarce, I survive mostly because I steal from of the Genji Clan and do odd jobs for them." He said.

"Give this boy a plate. Put it on my tab."

The boy smiled. "Thank you sir."

Another man stumbled inside the bar, he had death clearly present on his face. He fell to ground, gasping for air. His face was blue, he was sweating fast and uncontrollably. The bartender, the young boy and Hiro dashed to his aid.

"What happen?" I shouted to him.

He was clearly dying, no matter how hard he tried he could not speak. From the patio of the bar the lad noticed the queen of death stalking her prey. Her presence was dark, gloomily, and terrifying. A few members of the Genji clan followed her, they trailed her for fear that they may be poisoned for just standing close to her.

"By order of the Sinister 4 that man is sentenced to death, and death to all who aid him." She declared.

Quickly the bartender obeyed, standing and backing away from the dying man. These people had no sense of honor, duty, or courage. I did not expect for the boy to do anything. However I turned to him and he was on his knees along with me willing to help. There was no fear in his eyes. I was impressed.

The Venom ordered for the Genji to arrest us. Her first mistake. I stood up and as they approached, each one fell before they were able to pull out their weapons. I expected a reaction from her but she did nothing, she didn't even call for help. She simply smiled and then she vanished. 

"What sorcery is this?" I thought.

She appeared before me and touched me in the head. It felt like someone stuck a syringe in me and the contents slowly ran through my body. My eyes turned pure black and I fell to my back next to her first victim.

Impossible. How did she? How could she? My body I can't move. I can not be beaten like this...MY TRAINING! Master Akiyo thought me ways to combat poison through meditation.

Hiro calmed his bodies energies and his focus attempting to slow the poisons affects. Slowly though, he began to gain control of each body part. The Venom was unaware of the events. Her focus was on the lad. My body was turning blue, but it slowly started to re-gained its color. I managed to ball up my fist with my left hand and clinch the handle of my sword with my right. I stood up, took in deep breaths and tilted my head from side to side.

Before she went to give the lad a death blow, I stuck my blade through her body. As I snatched my sword from her she slowly turned to face me. I took one final look at her and with one cut I took her head.

The bartender and the boy came out from hiding. I continued looking down at her body.

"Oh my God!" The bartender cried. "What am I going to do? The Sinister 4 will know she was here!"

"Calm yourself?" I said to him.

Before I could think of a plan. The boy came to me with a bucket.

"Good idea." I said to him.

I placed the head of The Venom inside the bucket. This will be a nice present for her leader. "I will take the body and dump it."

The bartender was so afraid  his knees were knocking.

"Calm yourself!" I said again. 

"Calm down? How can I calm down? You come in here, don't tell me your name, killed members of the Genji and a member of the Sinister 4!"

"Look at me." I said trying to calm him down. "Tell me your name?"

"Cu-Curtis."

"I am Hiro."

He finally came at ease, his breathing became slow and even. He ran his hand down his face, wiping off the sweat. Hiro looked down to the little boy.

"And who are you?"

"Keno." He replied in a soft tone.

The next morning a slave inside The Fear's quarters presented him with a basket with a piece of cloth covering it's opening.

"Ah a gift from the underlings?"

The severant was as nervous, not only did he know what was inside the basket but he knew The Fear would kill him for presenting such an offering. He fell to one knee and laid the basket on the cold floor. He slowly and gently pushed the basket over to him.

"Remove the cloth." The Fear ordered.

The servant closed his eyes in shock, not expecting to be in the same room with him and the basket. He placed his had on the cloth and removed it and pushed it further to The Fear.

The Fear stood up from his chair and walked closer to the servant. As he approached the step of his chair, other servants fell in place in order for The Fear to make it to the basket. He stood over the kneeing servant and tilted his head slightly to the left. A frown grew on his face. He reached inside the basket and pulled out its contents. By her hair he pulled out The Venom's head, her face contorted and blue. Several servants who saw the head quickly vomit and began gasping for air.

"Explain." He simply stated.

"I-it was left at the entrance. I fo-found it this morning sire."

The Fear was able to sense his thoughts and saw that he was telling the truth. "So be it." He nodded to The Rage who stood next to the servant and ordered for his to be killed.

The Rage pulled out his revolver and blast the brain's out of the servant instantly.

"Find out who did this at once!" The Fear ordered to The Rage.