Chapter four

Chapter four

Jace's P.O.V.

I almost had Alec's shirt off, When the door opened. "Oh my God." I rolled off of Alec as fast as I could. Falling off of the bed and onto the floor in the process. Why was I being so clumsy all of a sudden? I looked over at the door, Izzy was standing there. She looked shocked. "Izzy, ummm. Hey, how's it going?" I asked, still on the floor. She looked back and forth between Alec and I.

"Alec, what about Magnus?" She asked. I looked at Alec, curious as to what he was going to say. "Umm. Well, we're not really dating yet?" He said, not very convicinly. "How long has this been going on?" She asked. Great, this was going to be question after question. Alec looked at me clearly wanting me to answer. "Just started. Like ten minutes ago." I said, no saracasim in my voice at all.

"Jace, what about Clary?" She asked. Okay, I could still cover this up. Alec looked at me, he probably already had it figured out. "Clary didn't cheat on you did she?" He asked. I was about to answer. "Clary cheated on you? With who?" Izzy asked. "I'm taking that as a no." Alec said. He got off the bed and walked towards the door. "Alec, wait!" I said. "Why would you lie to me, Jace?" He asked.

"I just...." I said. "Just what, Jace? Just what? wanted to mess with my feelings?" He yelled, "because, good job. Mission accomplished." A tear rolled down his left cheek. I wanted to go over there and hold him, tell him that everything was going to be alright. That I loved him. Not Clary. That I want to be with him. Izzy beat me to it, she put her arm around her brother. "You can be a real jerk sometimes." She said. Pulling Alec out of the room. Why was it so difficult? I love Alec more then I will ever love Clary. Why was it so hard to say? When I finally got up the courage to say it, to kiss him, I had to lie to do it. I have to tell him how I feel. But first, I have to break up with Clary, for real this time. No more lies.