Chapter two

Chapter two

~flashback~

Jace's P.O.V.

I was just about to fall asleep when someone came and jumped on my bed. I tour the blankets off really fast, ready to give this person the lecture of their life. When i saw my brother kneeling at the end of my bed. He smiled, one of his front teeth missing. "Rise and shine sleepy head!" He said. I sighed "I'll rise, but I won't shine." I said sitting up.

"You're so negative." Alec pointed out. I wanted to yell at him. Of course I'm negative, I saw my dad die a few months ago. That would make anyone 'negative'. Alec frowned then got up, and said "nevermind. Go back to sleep." He started to walk away. I couldn't stand to see him so depressed like, he was my . . . . brother now. My bare feet made a slapping sound as they hit the floor. I ran up behind Alec and jumped on his back.

Alec, clearly not expecting it, started falling backwards. We landed on the floor, Alec on top of me. I giggled, as he rolled off me, on to the floor. "Jace!" Alec yelled. That just made me laugh harder. Eventually, Alec gave in and started laughing too.

After, I was finished laughing I went over to my dresser. "What are you doing?" Alec asked. I handed him a dagger, also taking one myself. "Let's have a sword fight!" I said. Holding my dagger out infront of me. "Jace, are you sure this is a good idea?" Alec asked, "these aren't even real swords." He said holding out his dagger. "I'm positive! What could go wrong?" I asked. Hitting his dagger with mine.