Off to see the wizard

Madison had left soon after mom had woken up. I wished she could have taken me with her.

Before mom could start her rant the doctor came in and tol me that I had three broken ribs, a concussion and a cracked hip bone.

They had dopped me up with so much morphine that I was barely feeling any pain. After he had left two police officers came in asking questions about the car that had hit me. I wasn't able to give them much information other than it being a red van.

They left and mom opened her mouth but dad wrapped his arm around her shoulder and led her out of the room to get some food.

He looked over his shoulder and I gave him two thumbs up and he winked me.

I was stuck in the hospital for three more days until the doctor said I was fit to go home. I almost cried when dad said that mom was going to be the one to pick me up. Madison hadn't been back to visit me so that also made my mood worsen.

When mom came to pick me up from the hospital I knew that I was in for a long lecture.

As soon as I sat down in my seat it started.

"What were thinking?" She asked. I knew not to answer her, if I did she would just get more hysterical. So I kept quiet and let her have her moment

"How could just run into the street like that?"She asked and I answered in my head.

I was trying to save the little boys life.

"What if you had been killed?"

Then I would be off to the the wonderful wizard of Oz.

"Did you even think about how that would affect me and you father?"

No mom, there wasn't much time for thinking.

On and on this went as I stared out the window and she countined shouting at me.

After I had endured fourty five minutes of her ranting she got quiet and I peeked over at her to see tears running down her face.

I sighed and reached my hand over and grabbed her free hand and squeezed and she squeezed back.

"When we got the calk from the hospital saying that you had been in an accident, I was so scared." She whispered and I wanted to reach over and hug her.

We pulled into the driveway but stayed in the car. Tears kept running down her cheeks.

I reaced over and turned off the car then pulled her into a hug and held her tight as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys, there wasn't much time for thinking, if I didn't do what I did that little boy would probably be dead." I said and she sniffled again.

"I know, I'm sorry for being so hard on you, you did the right thing even if I did age ten years."She says pulling back and smiling at me.

"I would say it was at least eight." I said and she snorted and pushed my shoulder and got out of the car and walked inside.

Well inched is more like it. My side and hip hurt like a bitch, so it was slow and steady for me.

"Is this how it feels to be old?" I asked my mom as she helped me over to the couch.

"I don't know, why would you ask me?" She said and I looked over her dark hair and eyes playfully.

"Well." I said.

She scowled at me and layed ne down on the couch.

"Just for that little comment, I'm making brusselsprouts for dinner." She said and I gagged .

"I'm sorry, please don't do it!!" I shouted at her back as she walked into the kitchen chuckling evily.

Soon I could hear the sounds of pots clangling against each other and then the smell hit me.

Brusselsprouts. I had to work to sit myself up when the front door opened and my dad walked in.

"Dad she's making brusselsprouts, save me!!!" I said and I watched as he scrunched his face up and turned around and ran out the door.

"Noooo take me with you!!!" I screamed as I heard his car start up and the sound of screeching tires.

"Was that your father?" Mom screamed from the kitchen.

"I have no father!" I screamed as she came and helped me to the table.

My plate was piled with brusselsprouts. I looked up at her and grimaced.

"Eat up baby, don't worry I'm saving your dads for later." She chuckled evily.