Smother

When we all got to the locker room we showerd and changed and I sat on the bench waiting for the bell to ring.

Everyone in the locker room seemed to be giving me a wide berth and I was happy for that.

When the bell rang I grabbed my bag and high tailed it out of there. The halls were still empty so I made it outside the school doors with no problem.

I sat down on the top step and waited for Madison to show up as the other students began to trickle out and head to their cars. My eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on that familiar beautiful head of blonde hair.

She walked beside Micheal but for once I ignored his presence and ran up to them but only focused on her.

"Hello angel." I said and she smiled at me.

"Hey Skylar." She said moving forwards to give me a hug, I was so shocked that I almost didn't hug her back. Almost. I wrapped my arms around her and looked over her shoulder to see that I wasn't the only one shocked by her suprise hug.

Micheal's mouth was hanging open as he stared at us then around to see who had been watching our interation. Whe he looked back at us I stuck my tongue out at him and he glared. Laughing I pulled away from Madison and laced our fingers together as I pulled her away from her cousin so we could start walking.

As we walked away from the school I swung our joined hands back and forth.

"How was your day?" I asked her.

"Fine, Yours?" Good I said and we chuckled at how this sounded exactly like the first time we had walked home together.

"Same old, same old." I said.

"Have you decided where we're going for our date?"

"Nope, not a clue." I said and she pulled us to a stop.

"You're serious aren't you?" She asked and I could see she was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Yup, I've learned not to plan anything, It'll only get screwed up in the end." I said and she shook her head with a small chuckle and started walking again.

I walked her to her house and she invited me inside and I didn't see any problem with it so I agreed and followed her into the once familiar house.

"I'm home!" She shouted and I heard something coming from the kitchen area just before Mrs. Gyles walked out to greet us.

"Hey Madison, whose this?" She asked and I stepped from behind Madison and waved.

"Hey Mrs. Gyles, long time no see." I said and her eyes went wide.

"Skylar?" She asked and I nodded my head before she jumped forward (she really jumped) and pulled me into a hug trying to smothering me.

Patting her back I tried to extract myself before I suffocated but she just squeezed me tighter.

"It's so good to see you again dear, it's been years." She said and I gave a muffled confirmation because my face was still buried in her chest.

Finally before I lost conscioisness she released me and I sucked in air greedily, I could hear Madison behind me chuckling as Mrs Gyles turned and went into the kitchen and motioned for us to follow her.

Madison patted my back as she passed, still chuckling and went into the kitchen. When I finally caught my breath I followed the two of them into the kitchen and sat down at the counter beside Madison as Mrs. Gyles gave us each some brownies and milk.

Mrs. Gyles sat down right across from us and stared at me as I chewed on the brownie.

"So, tell me what have you been up to dear and why I haven't seen you in so long." She said and had to drink some milk before I could speak but before I could do that.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?!"