Chapter 21

So, I hope you are enjoying this story! I'm sorry that I'm not the best at keeping a steady update time thing but I really appreciate seeing how many people read this story. yeah, I may not get many likes but I like to see how many reads I get. So, thank you for reading my story whether you like it or not:)

Peyton's p.o.v

It's been about a month since I last saw Faith and I hate it. At night, I can't sleep because all I see is her smiling face behind my eyelids and it makes me sad. I've gone through so much in the last few years what with my parents' death and leaving Faith kinda feels like that. Like she passed away and I'm still mourning her. I don't want to keep mourning her because she isn't dead, she's healthy and alive thanks to me and Max.

Me and Max haven't talked a ton but that's because we remind each other of Faith. We kind of just spend our time with other people and I really don't like that. We haven't talked about our wedding, which I want to be soon because I don't want to wait anymore. So tonight I'm going to cook dinner while he is away and we are going to talk about it. I just want us to be the way we used to be, happy and carefree. I loved that.

My aunt is coming over to help me get everything set up at mine and Max's place. I'm not one to be decorative and since I talked to my aunt about being engaged to Max, she's been starting to look up wedding stuff and can't wait for me to be married. She is always talking about it to me whenever I visit her, which is constantly because I always go for her food and hugs. I know how to cook since I took cooking classes and also cooked with my mom. We always made great food for my dad and I can't wait to cook for my mate.

"So what kind of outfit do you want to wear for your fiance?" my aunt asked, saying 'fiance' in a French accent. She can be weird at times but I love her. All day yesterday I've been thinking about what to wear. I want to wear a sexy but not too sexy dress with a nice necklace, earrings and of course my engagement ring.

"Well, I want a slim-fit dress that's kinda sexy but not too sexy, you know? Some nice earrings and a nice necklace," I said. "And I want to curl my hair with some nice makeup to bring out my eyes."

"Hmm, I know just the thing!" my aunt said and pulled me to a store on our left. I ran with her and she told a worker some weird name and my size and we waited for her to bring something out. I looked at my aunt curiously and she just smiled brightly at me. I was starting to get a little scared at how excited she was...

"This is just the dress for you," a lady smiling way too much said and held up a dress. It was tight looking, black with thick straps, pretty much just plain but I loved it.

"Oh my gosh..." I said and held it up to me.

"Go try it on!" my aunt said and I was pushed into a dressing room. Carefully, I slipped the dress on and smiled at my reflection, except the dress felt a bit tight around my tummy but whatever, it looked amazing! Skipping out of the dressing room, I stood in front of my aunt and her eyes got wide in shock.