Chapter 8

Peyton's p.o.v

Hawaii is so amazing! The first thing me and my family did was go to the hotel and change into our bathing suits. I love the beach because I can just relax and listen to the waves crashing on the shore. Me and my aunt watched as my brothers and cousins played in the water, splashing each other. Of course, that ended in a fight that I had to break up. Along the way to stopping the fight, someone ran into me.

"Whoa, sorry there, cutie. My bad," this guy said. I just nodded and kept walking but he seemed to have a different plan since he stopped me by holding my arm. "So, you just gonna walk away and not tell me your name?"

"Yea, kinda," I told him and started walking but he stopped me again. "Look, I have a boyfriend so could you please leave me alone?"

"Do I see him? Nope," he said and pulled me to him.

"Back off douche bag!" I said and pushed him away from me.

"Bad mistake girl," the guy said and walked away. My brothers and cousins ran up to me and looked concerned.

"Pey, are you okay? Haha that rhymed," my brother said and I rolled my eyes and walked back to my aunt. On the way back, I thought I saw Max but I wasn't sure. I'm probably just hallucinating because I miss him. I really do miss him and being away isn't very good.

"Peyton, can you go get me a drink?" my aunt asked and I nodded while putting my shorts and shirt on. It's getting dark outside so I tried to hurry to get her a drink from this bar on the beach. Again, I thought I saw Max and my heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing him. What was I thinking just leaving without telling him? I'm an idiot and a terrible girlfriend. Just as I was about to order, hands went over my eyes and I freaked out thinking it was the guy from earlier. There just was something about him that I didn't like.

"Whoa, baby. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," Max said and hugged me.

"It's okay it's just this guy from earlier creeped me out. What are you doing here?" I asked him and he smiled.

"My mom told me we were going on vacation so here I am," he said and put my hair behind my ears. I leaned into his touch, missing it. "Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"I don't know. I just-you scare me," the last part I whispered but I know he heard me say it.

"I know and tomorrow night I will take you out to dinner to explain everything but for now, I have to get back to the hotel," he said and kissed me. I grabbed my aunts' drink and headed back to the spot she was in. She was packing up since it was getting dark outside and we headed back to the hotel room. It was really cramped with all of us staying in a two bed hotel room so me and one of my cousins slept on the floor. We were switching off every night for who gets to sleep on the bed and who sleeps on the floor, which I was glad for. After all of us took our showers, I knocked out instantly and dreamt of spending the night with Max. I couldn't wait.

My phone going off woke me up and I saw it was sunny outside and everyone was sleeping still. I got a text from Max telling me to meet him on the beach right now. I smiled, got dressed in some cute clothes and left a note for my family saying that I was heading out early and I would be back later. I headed out to the beach eager to see my boyfriend. Like he said, he was waiting by the bar looking out over the ocean. As I was about to jump on his back, he turned around so I jumped on him and he caught me. We laughed and he kissed me.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked me. I held him to me, not wanting to let go. I've really missed him and I don't ever want to be away from him that long again.

"Good," I told him. "How about you?"

"Good, I dreamt about you all night," he told me and I giggled.

"Same here."

"Oh really? I bet my dream was better."

"Nahh, mine was amazing. You and I were walking around the beach holding hands and we had a romantic dinner and ended up spending the night together," I told him. That was what my dream was about last night but we ended up having sex in my dream, I just didn't want to tell him that.

"That's crazy. That was my dream too," he said and we started walking along the beach. All day we hung out, kissed a lot and just had a fun time with each other without anything bad happening to make me scared. I think I fully trust him now to not hurt me and tonight on our date, he is going to explain some things that I hope will make me feel better. For now, I just have to wait and hope he doesn't get angry again. I really wish tonight would come soon. I really need to know everything. He better not hold anything back...

___________________________________________________________________________________

So let me know!

-<3