Chapter 20

Yep so hope you like it.

Peyton's p.o.v

I can't seem to stay away from this little girl. We found out that she didn't even have a name. What kind of person doesn't name their child?? Me and Max decided that if we were able to adopt her we would name her Faith Joy. We want to name her that because she gave us Faith and she will be such a joy to be around. I so hope that we can take care of her. I still can't get enough of holding her and cooing at her. She's such a happy baby, always smiling and making me smile as well.

On the news everyone is talking about Faith. They talk about how we found her, even though they didn't say our names because we didn't want them to, and how the hospital saved her and how lucky she was to have people with such great hearing find her or she wouldn't have been alive for very long. Just thinking about how she could have died upset me so much. I became instantly attached to this girl and I can't imagine losing her or someone adopting her before us. I haven't left the hospital, sleeping by her side so that I can be with her, even though the nurses say I should leave. I just can't. there's just something about this little girl that's got me wrapped around her finger.

"You both really need to go sleep," Nurse Ruth said.

"No, thanks," I told her. "I really don't want to leave her at all."

"She will still be here when you get back," Nurse Ruth said but I wasn't able to believe her due to her heartbeat faltering slightly. I just shook my head and smiled at Faith. "Really, you should go."

"Why do you want me to go so bad?" I asked her and her heartbeat quickened. "So you can give her off to someone else? No." She nodded and left the room after checking Faith's vital signs and blood pressure and all that fun stuff. She's been in the hospital for almost a week because the doctors don't want her to leave too early. They want to make sure she is perfectly healthy before she leaves.

"Peyton?" Max said. "Let's go get showered and have some food. Faith will be here when we get back."

"Do you promise?" I said, looking at Faith.

"I promise, babe," he said and I sighed, put faith in the crib she had and we headed out. I was apprehensive about leaving her and was starting to get anxious. As if sensing my mood, Max pulled me into his arms and we walked to the hotel, which isn't far. We showered and since it was breakfast time, we ate at the hotel and chatted about Faith and babies. Max wants to have many kids...nuh uh! No more than four are coming out of me! Our walk back to the hotel was pretty nice. The weather was cooler and the wind felt just right. Me and Max were cuddling each other while walking and I just felt so loved that I couldn't help but smile.

"Um, you can't go in the room," Nurse Ruth said as we walked up to Faith's room.