Chapter 6

Peyton's P.O.V

I've been out of the hospital for a week now and today is the first day that my aunt is letting me go back to school. Max and I are doing great, I see him everyday, even though my aunt doesn't know about him sneaking in the window. We moved to a different house and I finally got my own room, so nobody knows about him sneaking in, I hope. I would be in a lot of trouble if they knew. We talk non-stop, whether it's texting, calling or in person. I am happy to say that I am in love with the guy. I actually have been for the longest time, probably since we met and I'm damn proud to call him mine!

His mom is hilarious! All she does is embarrass him by telling me a lot of stories about him when he was younger. It's been pretty normal between me and him since the accident but I'm still a little weary about him being what he is. It's kind of cool, but he's gotten mad a few times and has almost lost it. It's a scary thing to deal with, since I'm not one of them. I feel left out when we go to bonfires with his tribe people. They are all nice, they just talk a lot and eat a ton. Oh boy do they eat.

"Hey cutie," Max said as I walked into the school. I smiled and kissed his cheek. We have gotten really close. Like, so close we have almost done the deed and I'm scared about that. I'm not a virgin but I actually like him a lot and I just don't know if I want to with him right now. I know he notices me pulling away from him when we touch but he hasn't done anything about that. Sooner or later, though, I can see him getting frustrated with it...I just don't want that day to come any time soon.

"So, date tonight?" he asked and I smiled at him. He pulled me close to him so that our bodies were pressed together. People in our school, once they found out we were together, they talked a ton. Well, that is until Max scared them all. I hate when he does things like that because people just think about how crazy he is and then they talk about how crazy I am for being with him.

"Where at?" I asked, giving him a little kiss on the cheek. I love going on dates with him because they are always so romantic.

"That's a surprise that only I can know. Well, and my mom," he said I groaned. I am not one for surprises and he knows that! It makes me mad because you don't know what to expect, then when you see what the date is like, you get all happy and are like, 'why was I mad in the first place?' then it happens all over again.

"I hate surprises!!" I pouted and he just chuckled at me and kissed my nose like he always does. "Why do you do this to me?" I pouted more and he just laughed and bit my bottom lip lightly. I laughed because he always does that when I pout. I have no clue why, either.

"I'm still not going to tell you-"

"Aw look at the lovebirds!" Jack said, smiling. "How sickening! You two are stupid for falling in love. I bet it won't last more than two months." I rolled my eyes but looked at Max, pleading him to not do anything. But of course, he never listens to me...

"Look here you dick. Don't talk to my girl like that! If I even see you staring at her, I will rip your head off without hesitation," Max said and I was getting scared because he was shaking. I put my hand on his arm to stop him but he lightly pushed me away from him, no doubt that he was trying to keep me from getting hit.

"And you look here, freak. I do what I want. And if I want her, I will get her," Jack said and the last thought I had was 'oh shit' he's going to get knocked out. And was I right!! Max punched him so hard that he went flying into the lockers five feet away from us. I was shaking from being scared of Max. When he turned to me and his eyes were red, that scared me even more. This whole werewolf thing is going to take a long time to get used to. Max reached out for me but I pulled away, cringing into the lockers.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Peyton," he said. I could see that he was pleading for me to trust him...but I just couldn't. What he just did was way too far and I can't handle that anymore. His temper is always getting the best of him and I hate it because I'm afraid that one day, he will hit me.

"Don't touch me," I told him. "Just right now, leave me alone. I need to figure things out."

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked me.

"I just need some time alone, to think," I told him and walked to my first class. All day I avoided Jack and Max. Like, what are you supposed to tell your werewolf boyfriend? 'You scare the shit out of me'? I don't think so. This is so hard but I know that I can't resist him. It's like we are magnets and are constantly attracting each other. Why does my life have to be complicated like it is? Wow, I sound depressed. It's almost Christmas break and I hope my aunt takes us to Hawaii like she said she would this year. I need a break from everyone. Yup, that's just what I need. Once I get home, I will convince my aunt to have an early vacation.

___________________________________________________________________________________

So, tell me whatcha think!

-<3