Chapter 21

-Chloe-

" let's go to the park." Keegan suggested and I nodded, smiling. We have been on the couch, watching movies for like hours already.

I stood up and held out my hand for him to stand up too. He took it and stood up. I weakly smiled at him and he copied my actions. He held onto Kevin's handle and we walked over to the door. We put our shoes on and I left a note saying where we went.

I grabbed his free hand and we walked out the door. " do you know how much this reminds me of TFIOS ?" I said as we walked.

" yeah actually I kinda do. " he said and I laughed.

" you even named your oxygen like she did. " I say, chuckling. He just smirked and looked down at me.

" but mine is named Kevin. See that's different. Also, I'm not a girl and you don't have cancer either." He says and I nod. That is true.

" true true. But it just seems like it. All I can think about is me loosing you like Hazel lost Augustus." I say and he stops us.

" I'm not leaving you so soon. I promise you. And if I break that promise, you can hate me forever. " he says and I roll my eyes.

" now let's go get some ice cream." I say and pull him with me to the ice cream stand.

He chuckled but followed. We got in line and the lady smiled at us. " hello, what would you guys like ?"

I looked at Keegan and he chuckled. " two cookie dough please." He says and the lady nodded. I went to pull money out but Keegan knocked it out of my hand.

" hey ! I'm paying." I say and pick it up.

" no I am. Your the girl, I pay for you." He says and quickly hands the lady the money.

" no fair." I say, pouring. I put my arms over my chest and he smirked at me. He kissed my cheek and turned to the lady.

" you two are the cutest !" She squeals and I blush. I smile and she hands us the ice cream. " stay together forever ! I can really see how much you love each other !"

Keegan tensed but nodded and smiled. " thank you." He says and she nods. We walk away and eat our ice cream.

" are you sure it's fine with your mum that we hang out a lot ?" I asked, looking up at him.

" yeah. She said that she knows how you feel or something. I see you during the day and then spend all night and morning with her. When you can hang out, I spend my time with her. She said she understands everything which I don't understand." He said and chuckled.

" I feel like she won't be able to see you as much and I feel like she's gonna get mad. I feel so bad." I say and eat my ice cream.

" most of the times, she asks me if your busy or not. She TELLS me to go hang out with you." He says and I nod.

" I still feel bad though.." I say and he groans.

" then stop feeling bad. You honestly shouldn't !" He says and I sigh. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. " stop beating yourself up. It's fine Chlo."

" fine fine." I say and he smiled and kissed my head.

" good " he said and I rolled my eyes, but smiled. We finished our ice cream and started walking around a bit. If we were to go back to the house, we will just sit around and do nothing so we decided we will just enjoy the warmish weather.

" uh- Chloe ?" Keegan said as we walked, hand in hand down the street.

" yeah ?" I asked, looking up at him.