Chapter 12

"Happy Birthday!!" The words are shouted from above me as I groan, rolling over and burying myself further into my pile of blankets. I knew it was only 6, the normal time that I get up for school everyday but I didnt want to get up, I wanted Lillian let me stay home for my birthday.

"Up!" Lillian is laughing as she tugs on my blankets. I groan, tugging the blankets so they are tighter around me. "You have to pack up." She says as she continues to laugh, tugging harder.

"What?" I sit up, rubbing my eyes as I try to focus on her. Lillians hair is pulled back into a bun at the nape of her neck, shes wearing a grey sweater, one that I had gotten her for Christmas last year. The wrinkles that surround her eyes are more noticeable as she grins at me.

"Your 18, time to move out." She moves over to my closet, pulling it open and grabbing my suitcase.

"You said I could stay until the end of the school year." I shout, jumping up to stop her.

She turns to me, smirking. "I knew that would get you out of bed." She turns back around, putting the suitcase back into its former place.

"Your evil." I call after her as she walks out, swinging the door shut behind her.

"Breakfeast will be ready in 10 minutes." She says before the door can fully close.

"Thank you." I mutter, marching over to my dresser so I can get dressed for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I think you should start cooking break feast at the diner." I tell Lillian in between bites of pancakes. 

"Why?" She laughs as she begins to clean up the mess that was made during the making of my birthday break feast.

"These are so much better than Elido's" I moan around the bite, jumping up from the table and running over to the stairs. I grab my shoes, which were always on the bottom step, dropping them to the ground so I can slip them on. I walk over to the front door, grabbing my purple fleece that hangs on the hook. I slip it on before walking back over to the table to finish eating.

"Don't tell him that." She laughs, setting the dishes in the sink before coming and standing next to me. I take my last bite before standing up next to her. I wrap my arms around her, hugging her tightly. "Have a nice day." She says, hugging me back.

"You to." I let her go, picking up my bag from where I set it on the table, turning and walking out the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy Birthday." I looked up from my desk in my first class, smiling as Chuck lowers himself in the desk next to mine. Chuck and I were now what you could call friends.

He was friends with alot of people but ever since the break up with Kayla, he was avoiding all of them as much as possible, afraid they would take her side.

Ever since the fight with Kayla, I hadn't been talking to her so it was nice to talk to Chuck.

"Thanks." I mumble, looking down at the worksheet that had been assigned as homework the night before. I fill in some of the answers, biting at my lip when I know they are wrong.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asks, turning to the side and putting his feet on my book rack.

"Nothing, why?" I turn my head his way, cocking it to the side as I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Lets do something." He smirks, cocking his head the same way I was. I shake my head at him as his hair falls into his eyes. "It'll be fun."

"I don't want to go partying." I tell him, pulling my hair back into a pony with the elastic band I always kept on my wrist.

"It wont be partying." He says, poking my arm, grinning wildly.

"What will we do then?" I ask, placing my pencil down and pushing the paper off to the side. 

"It'll be a surprise." He says, his hand going up to push his hair out of his eyes, which looked even lighter as he smiled.

"Okay." I shrug, there wasn't much that could go wrong and it wouldn't do any harm to have some fun on my birthday. 

"Cool. I'll pick you up at the diner at 5." He turns to face the teacher, effectively shutting me out for the rest of the class period, due to the fact that I kept asking what we would be doing for the night.