Chapter 6

==========================================

Chapter 6

"Max, How have you been?" Lillian asks as Amber and I  drag Max into the diner. He had decided that since he had two girls walking with him, he wasn't going to put any effort into walking. He was also putting most of his weight on me which was killing my shoulder and everytime he would do rasie his left arm to do something I would get elbowed in the face.

"Fine." Max suddenly pushed me and Amber away and limped over to his booth. Amber frowned but I knew what was up. On the way to the mall he had informed me that he was going to give Lillian the cold shoulder because he was angry at her for firing me. I was pretty much over it, I had alot of free time now and I didn't have to be around Chuck as much.

Lillian gives a dirty look to the back of his head before shaking it off and returning to her customers. Max smirks as Amber and I slide into the seat across from him. 

"That was mean." Amber says as she waves over the new waitress.

Max tells the waitress what he wants before turning to Amber. "No it wasn't." 

"Yes it was. I'm not mad about so you shouldnt be mad about it." I tell him, kicking his good leg under the table. He hisses in pain and glares at me. Amber slaps a hand over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing. 

Max turned his glare on her, only stopping once his moon drop arrived at the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"When can we get rid of her?" Max whisper shouted at me as Amber walked to the bathroom.

"Why would you want to get rid of her, she's my best friend." I glare at him, We had been sitting in the same booth for over an hour, drinking moon drops and laughing at stupid things.

"She is seriously annoying and I havent seen you in awhile, I want to spend time with just you." I looked down at my lap, I didn't know what to think, I wanted to spend my time alone with him to but I couldnt ditch Amber.

"Come on, If she gets mad you can blame it on me." I watched as Max pulled out his wallet and set a twenty on the before standing up and leaning against the table, holding his good hand out  to me.I took one quick glance at the bathroom before taking his hand and standing up. He gave me a big smile before leaning into me and nodding his head towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay. Lets sit now." Max had bragged me to the beach, not far from the diner. The whole time we hadn't spoken much, he didn't have anything to say and I felt bad for ditching Amber. 

Max sighed as he lowered himself down to the ground, I sat right next to him, running my fingers through the fine sand. 

"Its to cold to be here." I tell him as I watch the water, pulling the selves of my long sleved shirt down to cover my hands.

"I'm not cold. Are you?" He lays back in the sand, putting his good arm behind his head. 

"Kind of." It was the beginning of October so of course it was cold but being by the water just made it worse.

"Want my sweat shirt?" Surprised by what he says I wipe around to face him, I hadnt even realized that he was wearing a sweatshirt. 

"Sure." He gives me a small smile before sitting up and pulling his good arm out of the sleeve. 

"Your going to have to help me with the this arm." He glares down at his cast before turning to me. I lean over  him, wrestling the sleeve down and off of the cast, in the process max moved backwards and when the sleeve finally did come off, I fell into his lap.

My cheeks burn as I lay awkwardly in his lap. I slowly rolled over, not sure what else to do, Max's face is red and he is looking everywhere but at me. I flinch before jumping up and slipping the sweatshirt on, quickly slipping it on and returning to my spot next to him in the sand.

"So, What are you doing while I'm at school tomorrow." I scratch the back of my neck, wishing that, that had'nt happened. 

"I'm going to my doctor. I'm having him check to make sure that my injurys are being taken care of correctly." He returns to laying in the sand, the same arm resting behind his head.

"Why wouldn't they be taken care of correctly?" 

"I've gone to the same doctor since I was 10 so I don't exactly trust any other doctor." 

"Oh. I guess thats reasonable."

"Taylor! Is that you?" An annoying voice came from behind us and I turned to see Chuck coming at us.

"I really wish you could run right now." I moan to Max.

"Why?" He laughs.

"I don't want to deal with him but I'm not going to leave you."

"I know how to make him go away." 

"How?" I would do anything to make Chuck leave me alone for an hour.

"Lay back." I narrowed my eyes at Max but did as he said. I gasped as he rolled over, pinning me down with his good arm and leg. 

"Max. What are you doing?" I poke his shoulder but he squeezes his eyes closed.

"Shhh! I'm sleeping." Max makes himself comfortable. 

"Tay-" Chuck gets closer, and his excitement ends as he sees whats going on. "What are you two doing."

"Ever since Max got hurt he hasn't gotten much sleep so when he fell asleep on me I couldn't wake him up." I tell Chuck as I run my fingers through Max's hair.

"Oh. well I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." Chuck frowns and walks away shaking his head. 

"He was so jealous!" Max laughs as he rolls back over.

"No. He wasn't! He was just uncomfortable."

"No. He was mad that a guy that wasn't him was all over you." 

"No No No! I'm not going to listen to you!" Max laughs as I clap my hands over my ears.

_______________________________________________-

So, not only has it been awhile since I've written but this is a really bad chapter. I want to upload more often but I don't know what to write. I know what I want to happen in the end but I dont know how to get there.

Oh, And I changed the cast. James Lafferty is Now Max.