Traveling Soldier.

Please Comment and let me know what you think. 

---------------------

          "I hate this job." I tell Lillian Adams as I pull my Apron over my head, tying it quickly.

          "Most 17 year old girls would be happy to have this job." Lillian starts the grill and smiles at me.

          "If I got Payed I would like it." 

Lillian is my guardian, My mom died last year and My dad died when I was alittle girl. Lillian had been the only person my mom could trust. I smile back at Lillian before giving her a good head to toe look. Her blonde but graying hair was pulled into a bun and there were bags under her blue eyes. She was ageing and her health was dropping. 

          "We're working on pay." She runs to the front of the diner and flips the sign around so it says open. A few smiling regulars that always come in at this time, take they're booth. 

The diner is a small restaurant that everyone seemed to love. The tiled floor was black and white, the booths a glittery red, and an old record machine sat in the back corner. I started the coffee, as Elido, the weekend chef started frying the bacon. 

I liked to complain about my job but some times it was great. There were older people that liked to sit at the bar and tell stories about how things used to be.

They're were people my age that loved to come and enjoy Lillian's Moon Drop Milkshakes. The moon drop is a regular milkshake but the unique crescent shaped cup it was made it, made it taste like so much more.

Lillian gave Edlido the orders and gave me another smile. "You ready for a long day?"

I quickly nodd, Saturday was always the busiest day.

~~~~~~~~~~~

          "Did you see the cute soldier?" Lillian asked with a teasing smile. It was lunch time, every table was full and a few people lingered outside.

          "Cute Solider?" I was leaning against the counter, in between orders.

          "Back Corner." I lean forward, and look towards the back. There was a soldier in the back, his military green stuck out. His black hair was short, but not cut like most military guys. He had his back to everyone and he was slumped foreword. From my view he wasn't cute but Lillian never lied. 

          "Has anyone taken his order?" I looked down the bar to Kayla, the perky redhead that got paid to do this job. She was flirting with a boy in front of her but she kept glancing at the soldier.

          "You better hurry." 

I smile and grab my pad, making my way over to him. I only stop once and its to stick my tongue out at a frowning Kayla. 

          "Hello. Anything I can get for you." The boy looked up and the green-ness of his eyes shock me.

          "Is the  Original Moon Drop good?" His voice is flat, and he still slumps forward.

          "Yes." I smile, hoping to lighten him up abit.

          "Then I'll take one of those."

          "Anything else." I quickly write M.D. on my pad of paper.

          "Not right now."

          "I'll be right back with that." I feel bad for the guy, after just taking his order I can tell that he's been though alot. 

I place his order in and Elido gives me permission to make perpare it myself, I quickly grab one of the blenders and pour it in the funny shaped cup. I place a straw in and take it over to the boy. He gives me a tight smile before taking a big drink.