Chapter 10

"Taylor?" Lillian turns to me, one night as I sit at our kitchen table, working on a boatload of homework. She was leaning against the counter, next to the sink, a dish towel in her hand.

"Yeah? I look up from my algebra book.

"What happened between you and Amber?" She sets down the towel, moving to sit across from me.

Amber and I haven't talked much since we dropped Max off. I haven't wanted to talked to her and she hasn't tried talking to me.

"She called dibs on Max." I tell Lillian, slamming the book in front of me closed. I've been wanting to talk to some one about it, but being the antisocial girl I am, I haven't had anyone.

"And you care why?" She smirks, leaning foreword and resting her head on her hands.

"I've known him longer and she barely knows him." I shake my head, grinding my teeth. I ignore her question about caring. Why wouldn't I care?

"Do you like him?" Lillian is serious now.

"Yes." I throw my hands in the air. "I didn't realize until she tried to claim him, but I do really like him." I sigh, leaning back in my chair and glaring up at the light blue, almost white ceiling.

"Tell Amber. Maybe she'll take her "Dibs" back." Lillian raises her hands, putting quotations around dibs.

"She wont care if I like him. I've already got a plan." I begin to collect my books, shoving them int my large book bag.

"What's your plan?" Lillian stands, moving back to the sink.

"Ignore what she said." I sling my bag over my shoulder and walk out of the room, going up to my room.

~~~~~~~~~

Taylor,

I Hope you've started to save for our casino trip. If not start with the $100 i put in the envelope. I just wanted to let you know that I'm excited, it's been awhile sine I've been gambling.

I've moved bases and I'm not located in Californa. I'm not liking it at all. I'm the type of guy that enjoys snow at the end of November. It's way to hot here.

I want to apologize for the way Amber acted at the airport. She was nice before but now, and i'm sorry to say this, she's annoying.

Anyways, I cant wait until I see you again.

-Maxamillion.

~~~~~~~~~

"Is that a letter from Max?" As I finished reading the letter, Amber appeared next to me, leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Yes." I reply in monotone, shoving the letter in my bag.

"May I read it?" She grabs my wrist as I go to close my locker, my bag now neatly place inside of it.

"No." I pull away but she tightens her grip on me.

"Fine. Did he say anything about me?" She leans closer, her hot breath blowing across my face.

"Yes." I smirk, leaning back and pulling my arm harder.

"What?" She smiles now, most likely thinking that I'm going to tell her that Max confessed his love for her.

I'm smiling to but not for the same reason.

"He said your annoying." Her face falls and she takes a deep breath.

"Your lying." She leans foreword, trying to push my locker door all the way open so she can get to my bag. She let go of me in process so I'm now able to try and push her away.