The Second Dance

(Always a long time for updates but here we are, FryderykaBernkastel asked for it specifically! Thanks!)
I took his hand happily and could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. A dance, Integra. No need to be nervous. I smiled as I met his eyes. I was embarrassed, however, to be nervous about something. Dancing was something I practiced but never utilized. Back then I hadn't been good at it either. How many people could say that a vampire taught them to dance properly?
We took the starting position, we were standing so close to one another that my breath caught in my throat for a moment. I forgot that dancing was so intimate, I had never stood this close to him, with most of our bodies meeting each other, it felt sinful almost. Though we had danced before I was so focused on the steps that I hadn't realised how close we truly were. Of course, it was not sinful. Dancing was perfectly innocent.
"You look beautiful." He announced.
I laughed. "Why thank you." We danced around the ballroom, keep eye contact all the while. I wondered what he was thinking of. I suddenly realised he was wearing cologne which made me smile. I had never expected him to change his clothes, lest deodorise. It made me a bit sad, his regular scent was so familiar and beautiful. Why would he want to change it?
"What?" He asked with a grin.
"Oh, it's nothing, I was just caught off guard by your extravagant preparation."
"Naturally." Was all he responded, with an even wider grin.
What could it mean? Why would he go through so much effort for a simple dance? Was it not a simple dance to him either? What would it mean if it wasn't? My mind raced as I thought of the many things that could follow this dance if that were the case.
Then I put them out of my mind. 'Don't get ahead of yourself, Integra.' I told myself. 'Getting your hopes up could end dastardly, just take things as they come. Besides, anything beyond these things would border sinful.'
He must have noticed my faraway expression, he furrowed his brows and put a hand under my chin. I was surprised to feel skin instead of a glove. "Master, something is troubling you. I know that gaze." He said, this time with a small smile.
I smiled back. "I have a habit of overthinking, my apologies."
"Are you alright?"
"Yes, certainly, this is lovely. Sort of makes you forget about all the horrors waiting for our attention, eh?"
He laughed. "That's true! They call themselves vampires! What presumptuous ghouls!"
"Indeed." I smiled.
"Master, may I ask you something?" He asked with a serious expression.
I tilted my head. "Certainly."
"Do you personally recognise the value of your humanity?"
I smiled. "I believe I do. Having to drink blood seems rather tragic compared to having various foods to enjoy. Besides, I believe that life begins to grow tiresome after living so long. Lastly, and most importantly, you are incapable of salvation."
He simply nodded at my reply. "Yes, well said."
We danced in silence for a while before he stopped suddenly and I nearly fell into him.
"Alucard?"
"How long has it been since you've been to the theatre?"
I laughed. "Oh, I don't know. Not since I was a teenager at least. I haven't the time—"
"Nonsense, you simply don't make the time." Then he pulled out a flyer form his pocket.
"Phantom of the Opera, tomorrow, I already bought us tickets." He grinned.
I rolled my eyes. "Alright, I suppose one show couldn't hurt." I replied.
"Great!"