The Iron Maiden I

"Sir Integra, the order is complete, my Master." Alucard told me while smiling that smile of his. I wish he wouldn't just walk in that way... And smile at me like that. Why must he always just waltz in and disturb my bloody concentration? I wish I could have some excuse to usher him away but I don't in the least. Other than the fact that I am distracted by his very presence. "Master? Are you okay?" Alucard asked and therefore snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine. That's very well done; you may go." I answered while trying to retain my composure.

"Oh? I have no real reason to go. I'd rather just stay here." He smirked while sitting on my desk. I snapped. I three my hands on the desk and yelled at him.

"GET OFF OF THE DESK AND OUT OF MY OFFICE! You are RUINING my damn concentration!!!!" It was done. I had really gone and lost it. Alucard had an amused look on his face. Of course I hadn't hurt his feelings. Not that odd vampire. He just grinned like an idiot and sat there. He then laughed hysterically.

"Oh... You're serious! Alright, by your orders my master." He then left me again. I sat there staring at the door for a good hour before resuming my previous affairs with paperwork. I kind of felt a bit bad... Sure he didn't seem hurt but who knows what's behind that devilish grin of his? Likely some kind of dark desire or deep abyss of some form of sorrow. Should I apologise to him? I didn't know. All I know is that I can't just continue this way.

I had always been an iron maiden. A tightly bound woman that didn't want to be invaded by anyone or anything. I did love him. I had loved him for a long time. He was the crazy laughter to my serious composure and the yang to my yin. But I could not love him. I forbade myself to love him... Wouldn't it oppose God? I don't know; maybe that is just an excuse I made for myself to not put my heart out on the line. Once I crossed that line; there would never be any going back.